Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Superbowl (REAL World Championship)

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by Baca Loco
You've been smokin' something stronger than wacky weed if you think you're gonna get all 3 involved. Besides, from the PSP side of the triangle which "champ" is invited? Div X or 10-man?
However if you stick with 7-man, Mil season ends in September so a grand finale in October works for them. Another separate event would be stuck in mid-winter somewhere and S7 season goes from Feb. to Oct. and doesn't leave a whole lot fo time given December and holidays pretty much a non-starter I would think.

98% of Smack type with one finger or require outside assistance so the easy answer is--NO! :)

New game--it's like Where's Waldo? It's called Where's Montana? BWillie, willie careful and you might spot him somewhere.:D
Yeah, the fly in the ointment is NXL exclusivity clause in the player's contract. So, you're right once again, Moo-san. I was thinking that a non-aligned promoter or promoter group could crack open this PB Superbowl idea. Naive perhaps. Not like I really believed it was possible, just a good dream.

Maybe making the format X-ball (5, 7 or 10 player) would make NXL more open to the idea. And the idea was to get the winning (or finalist) teams in all categories and classes together. 5-player, 7-player, 10-player, Division X-ball and NXL. That would be a veritable crème de la crème tourney.

RE: new game. Haven't heard from BWillie lately have we? Be enlightening to hear from him (or her).;)

Steve

You know i really like this idea of a PB superbowl (too bad i only really matter in my own reality) Anyway, here's my take on how to do it.

Take all the leg winners and invite them to say...Miami

Rookies play only Rookies, AM B vs AM B, etc., etc,

Make the format 7-man X-Ball..this will even things out a little...we are used to 7-man they are used to x-ball

The winner of each division is crowned "WORLD CHAMP!"

All we have to do is get three different series, hundreds of teams and sponsors to jump on board to make this happen.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by tazzhc10
You know i really like this idea of a PB superbowl (too bad i only really matter in my own reality) Anyway, here's my take on how to do it.

Take all the leg winners and invite them to say...Miami

Rookies play only Rookies, AM B vs AM B, etc., etc,

Make the format 7-man X-Ball..this will even things out a little...we are used to 7-man they are used to x-ball

The winner of each division is crowned "WORLD CHAMP!"

All we have to do is get three different series, hundreds of teams and sponsors to jump on board to make this happen.
Of course I like it when people agree with me.:) What you're saying here is exactly what I had in mind.

Steve

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Imagine this scenario:

NXL finalists for the season:

LA Ironmen
Chicago Aftershock
NY Xtreme
Phillie Americans

NPPL Super 7 finalists:

Dynasty
Strange
Avalanche
Bad Company

Millennium Series finalists:

Russian Legion
Dynasty
Ton Tons
Nexus

Regardless of what you think about the picks (not at all the point here), don't you think that peeps and the teams themselves are gonna be like really curious about who would win in a very serious 7-player, center-flag, X-ball-style tournament? You know, to answer the question of like WHO IS BEST in a tournament that rises head and shoulders above the political bull****?

You could have one kick-ass double-elimination tournament between anywheres from 8 to 12 of the PROVEN best pro teams in the world. (Not to mention between the best AMs, if so desired.) It would get the whole PB world looking at it and would be almost A DEFINITE for media focus and outside sponsorship. Don't you think?

Let's go for it e'erbody!

Steve