Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Paintball vs Airsoft (the truth)? Maybe :)....

Discussion in 'Speak your Brains' started by matt gordon, Feb 21, 2015.

?

would you ever consider playing Airsoft too?

1. I already do!

17.2%
  2. Nope, never! Paintball till I die!!!!

43.8%
  3. Maybe.....I'm not closed about the idea

39.1%
  1. STONESOLDIER Planet Eclipse

STONESOLDIER
    Message Count:
    I have always said that if for your first time if you played Paintball one day and Airsoft the next day and wanted to keep doing it the majority of people would stick to Airsoft

The First time we all played Paintball was to shoot guns and kinda play army with your mates

Airsoft is army
    its cheaper
    No mess
    Hurts Less
    More accurate

I do like your quote though we call them Goobatrons

2. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    Sounds like you change formats as your appetites change .Airsoft is too sociable for the competitor in you .But once satisfied the cameradere of Airsoft brings you back.The wannabe soldiering in Airsoft is a little disturbing on a minor level.But if that floats your boat,who cares what other people think .Neither are proper sports anyhow as both paying customer based activities ,with even less of a rule book in Airsoft. It is true that most ballers don't play mainstream sports otherwise the lack of proper fixed rules and referees to implement them would grate even more . The anger you see from Tournie ballers is in part ,competitor meeting lack of rules /implementation. All sports have participation levels eg 5 a side football,Sevens Rugby. So paintball /Airsoft no different really

3. sidimmu New Member

sidimmu
    Message Count:
    i can see the advantages and cons from both.
    yet to try airsoft though, looks boring unless you got a sniper rifle though :D

4. nick "the shadow cat" Illegitimi non carborundum

nick "the shadow cat"
    Message Count:
    Like all things in life you get out what you put in. If anything air soft is more close quarters than paintball. Less bordom more rambo rrraaaaahhhh;)

5. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Depends on how you play
    Airsoft does have access to some more of the unusual venues then paintball
    But play whichever takes your fancy

6. STONESOLDIER Planet Eclipse

STONESOLDIER
    Message Count:
    Sniping is amazing if you do it properly.

although your allowed to shoot at 500fps over that distance the wind takes over sometimes.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  7. Pog49 49

Pog49
    Message Count:
    I have played both for a few years now. I started with paint and then moved to airsoft. In my experience airsoft offered a completely different experience as I could play in a shopping mall (The Mall, Reading)

There are those who seem to take airsoft far far too seriously but I guess it depends on your perspective as some would look at paintballers and think theyt take it too seriously.

8. shoaibaktar Well-Known Member

shoaibaktar
    Message Count:
    NB the Mall has been used for ballin also .Airsoft too caught up in plying soldiers,ballers often too hyped up over winning.

9. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Topical with the Mall today and the Stan*

I played the mall game, it was due to have a Demon event which possibly was going to be with powderballs, but with safety as no one would certify goggles for Powderball probably would have ended up on limited clear paint
    However before the date was due a small team that had privately played there a few times managed to secure the site to run a game - limited numbers & limited clear paint. The costs of running this type of game snowballed, the numbers went up and the limit lifted
    The site quickly became an icerink, we had a great time but the event was a disaster plus the paint on the day was rubbish, no cleanup operation took place (practicaly none as we were among the few to attempt to clean up), the team broke up and money disappeared with some players pursuing refunds and the site unpaid
    There will never be a paintball event there again, except for the one option that the site gave to demon that when the site is due for demolition they will consider allowing demon to run their original event

* the Stan is the old Stanley tools factory which has run magfed games in the last year
    It has just been announced that the site has been broken into by a small number of magfed players in the evenings
    The site is now closed to magfed due to some pricks

image.png

Scenario paintball is the most similar form of paintball to airsoft, magfed sits in there

There are many kinds of airsoft player and there are many kinds of paintball player. Even girls in both sides
    Some take things far too seriously (and if they are happy then let them)

10. Hidden Hippo Member

Hidden Hippo
    Message Count:
    I enjoy both, but I only regularly play paintball. The main reason is the difficulty of getting kit. I would love to be able to play on a regular basis, but the VCRA really put a downer on me being able to do so. I understand and don't resent the reasons for the restriction, but if makes getting into the game challenging.