Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball: We’ve Got a Problem!

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
Pete - the brit team comment was not an attempt to make a point. It was merely an observation and yes, of course I know that some of the bad blood was a result of the city debacle. Nothing to do with Missy Q though, the strange 300lb Beautiful Black Rap artiste, so I don't know where all this reference to 'you guys' comes from...
I do think support at events helps teams. I don't know how much, but surely its a confidence/morale thing? Its a lift. Its an 8th man. If this were not the case then teams' home records would not be expected to be better than their away form.

Chicago - If the teams got together and did indeed decide to throw all their money away for 2 years then that would hopefully stimulate the market and raise the bar with a truly independant series, in which case you might find that WDP/PP would be very happy indeed, as would all manufacturers, and from that point the costly promotional arm of thier company would cease to be necessary. Unfortunately its far easier talking about how easy it is than actually shelling out and doing it. You would find that the teams, as usual, turn to the industry for support and then its the same old same old isn't it?
You are also making the unfounded assumption that the top teams would pay for things. Their wallets only have an 'in' window. I would have thought you would have known that. Either way, I doubt you would see it in the next 5 years. My guess is never. But if I'm wrong, I see it as a good thing. The top teams are, as you pointed out, making money, so their particular motivation would be what?
As far as the players having no input, I disagree. The captains have a lot of input. The NPPL changes its format and schedule regularly due to player input. My theory on this is that so long as they are doing a good job, whats the problem? As I said earlier, the power is always in the product.
And your last paragraph is a classic chicken/egg connundrum, so much so I am not going to address it.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Missy Q
Pete - the brit team comment was not an attempt to make a point. It was merely an observation and yes, of course I know that some of the bad blood was a result of the city debacle. Nothing to do with Missy Q though, the strange 300lb Beautiful Black Rap artiste, so I don't know where all this reference to 'you guys' comes from...
I do think support at events helps teams. I don't know how much, but surely its a confidence/morale thing? Its a lift. Its an 8th man. If this were not the case then teams' home records would not be expected to be better than their away form.

Missy, you know exactly how much support we get from the Americans over there, Nexus are a very popular team in the US as you are well aware and national support from other Brit teams is not even a factor mate when we have a couple of thousand people cheeirng us on, even against the other American teams which I think is kinda flattering to the team.
We have never had the support of other Brit pro teams and so never miss it and I'm afraid the home/away analogy falls flat on its face this time mate.

PS You didn't answer my last ps :)

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
I e-mailed you.

And the home/away thing's valid.
Just maybe not with your team, the knowledge of which you are obviously going to beat me on every time, so I'm on a hiding to nothing.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Missy Q
I e-mailed you.

And the home/away thing's valid.
Just maybe not with your team, the knowledge of which you are obviously going to beat me on every time, so I'm on a hiding to nothing.

Yo Missy, I got no email form ya, I will call ya tonite my time, you in US now?

PS The home and away thing is valid for sports such as soccer etc but not for paintball. The reason teams like Dynasty and XSV win over here is because they are soo damned good and not because of any support they might give each other...and come to think of it, the sort of support XSV gave Dynasty in Paris isn't the sort I would like thankyou.....I mean, fixing that game result with Syndicate to keep Dynasty out wasn't exactly the ultimate display of national togetherness now was it?
Nah Missy, you give me the spit and vitriol of UK ballin over that sort of 'support' any day mate..at least I know where I stand with my fellow nationals :)
Peace Out