Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintballs?

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
just a question on the calibre?
I've seen lots of posts about different calibre barrels, is this the size of the paintball?
How many types of paintball are their?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
.68" is the standard
A few other calibres have been tried over the years, .43" is found on some maggeds and pistols
.50"' has been successful in kids 'low impact' and for some rental sites to reduce logistics & overheads

However - are you noticing barrel sizing kits, which are either the barrel or a sizing insert in a variety of sizes a fraction away from .68"
This is about slight differences in batches, brands and quality plus the ability to adjust how tight or loose a ball is when traveling down the barrel

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
Thanks for the info, was curious to see what the sizes where for, also last question, haha I have been offered a Tippmann 98 Custom paintball gun with a 200 shot hopper and CO2 bottle for £45 it that worth the price or can their be a lot of problems associated with the use of them?

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
That's a fine marker, one of the most common used site markers in the country. Don't expect much and you won't be unhappy.

It will be fine for a spot of woodsball but don't expect it to be much better than the usual site guns. If you are wanting something better than that then save your money and invest it in something better.

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
Sid Sidgwick, anything better that you would recommend with an average price range? as you know i currently know quite little about the sport of paintball, but very willing to learn more and more.
i know the marker i have been offered wont be top end but that is mainly the reason i asked on here first, i have been told the Etha is a good starting marker but if i am going to be spending any range of money on a marker, i would much rather spend an extra £100-200 and get a much better marker than get one for the sake of it and it be the same as a usual site gun, currently have a price range of £250-300 max for a complete marker so will be asking about on the classifieds once im able to post.

I do quite like the tournament style markers as they can be more easily modded for their abilities rather than just style.

any and all info you can give is very much appriciated. thanks.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Not a problem mate. My advice would be a 98 custom is not the way to go.

£100-200 gets you a lot of marker for your money. And leaves you plenty left to get mask/hopper/air .

If you want something that you can use in speedball and add a body kit to to make it look the part for woodsball then go with the Etha. This will do very well in both. An Etha can be picked up for around the £120-140 mark and does everything you need.

For slightly more money (£180-200) and more speedball than woods I'd suggest a Planet Eclipse Geo 1 or 2 or a DM 10/11/12. These are fantatsic guns, simple to maintain and have plenty of support in the UK.

You also have the Empire Axe at this price bracket which is a solid gun.

£300-350 will set you up very nicely with full kit as long as you do some good shopping on here. It's a buyers market so you will get some great deals.

Last edited:

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
That's great, just upgraded this account to a lifetime platinum member so will be able to check out the classifieds when I get in, I am quite interested in the Etha as the reviews from users seem to be amazing and it seems to have quite nice accessories to make it more woodsball. Thanks again, very much appreciated with the advice.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Not a problem mate and welcome to the platinum club, is far nicer :)

You won't go wrong with an Etha, great shooting guns that work very well and with the addition of the body kit can look the part on both the sup air field and the woods, plus the added bonus of being cheap to purchase.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Ethas are great - I have one
But as sid noted, for not a lot more you can be looking at geos

There are always some good buys around, but depending on how long you can wait, the cpps has its final round soon in September. After that there are a few tournament dates but there could be people selling up for their next buy or in preparation for Xmas shopping etc

A point that is often made about the etha is that it can be made more 'woodsball' with the emc kit
Im from the scenario side, but the body kit slightly degrades the point of using the etha in the woods or scenario
It means you can add a stock. But you aready have the best paintball stock if you have a cylinder
The rails mean you can mount stuff. But there are only 2 rail mount assets in paintball - cameras and torches - the rest is weight
Cameras have many options and can just as easily be barrel mounted as rail mounted
Torches are of use only for night / indoor games and should be used sparingly, so have minor use in nieche games

thomasbear

Aug 12, 2014
Milton keynes
Also within the 150-200 Mark you have the etek series that holds up equally well. So you have a lot of options out the for getting a paintball gun. It's like getting a car it's about what you can afford and what you like.

But personally I wouldn't get a tipman as you can rent one from most sites fairly cheaply so you don't have to worry about looking after it. An there's quite a good community out there in paintball and once you make a few friends they generally will lend you there spare and set you on the right path until you get your own