Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Painting Masks

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
so painted masks arent allowed in any tournaments?
is that if only a tiny bit is painted? or just in patches?
What happens if you get hit in the patch where the paint was applied, the plastic breaks and you're blinded by bits of paintball casing?

I think the idea of a ban on custom paints is to prevent injury...

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
so painted masks arent allowed in any tournaments?
is that if only a tiny bit is painted? or just in patches?
no they aren't at all... or by their rules... shouldn't be... whether they adhere to them, and enforce them, is upto the marshalls on field at the time :)

it comes under the classification of: modifying the goggles from their original condition...

Midland Masters Rulebook said:
8.04 Players, officials and all on field must wear full-face protection as it comes from the
manufacturer in its original form. The face or ear protection of goggle systems will not be
allowed to be turned or twisted upward or in anyway modified from their original form at
any time or place where goggles are required.

thebigt

user
May 7, 2007
UK side, about the only stuff we can get is Plasti-dip. its a plastic based paint, once its on, its pretty decent, but once it starts to peel, it peels bad as its plastic based.

-james
thats probs ur best bet but spray it with a lacker after it will stop it peeling.

Ahdinko

Team Apocalypse.
Jun 12, 2006
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Well, the spraying has commenced.
One thing I have noticed is that its worth investing in a mask or respirator or whatever, I've just applied my 3rd coat of primer and the room is moving a little bit still :p

Using white primer plasti-kote , 3 coats as a base layer
Will go over tomorrow with 5-6 coats of Krylon in white, well if it arrives tomorrow
Will top that off with some plasti-kote clear acrylic to provide a nice protective layer.

I'll put some pics up in a few days when its all done, I'll be agg tastic!