Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paris World Cup scores and gossip

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Great to get back and read this thread, well done Essex mate good job. Thanks to every one for the support. We did really well going into the prelims and tried a few different things in our last one and ended up loosing it. Ah well we did learn by it :rolleyes: And then played our first play off, we played it on the CPL field and any one who was at the event will understand if I say the reffing was harsh :D We had a dirty hand and a 3-4-1 for some one stepping out of bounds so that cost us a few points. But to be fair the team beat us fair. They were the better team. So we will work on that till next year :cool:

The event was fantastic, the weather was SO hot we all got burnt to death. And the hangover will last all week I think. Thanks to all the Brit teams that helped out when the got knocked out, and every one just mucked in and got on with it. You all know who you are :):)

Well done to the Firm, you guys killed it :first::first:

Reactions: Lemon

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Gossip:

Federov wears his RL jersey whilst playing for Art Chaos at the event, picking up a reputed €300 fine in the process, for each game!!!

Guess he couldn't loose face to Jrab rocking his in D2 with Generation Kill.

A large part of the reason certain teams did less well than expected is that a certain brand of paint was total ****! Either breaking in the guns or if shootable, bouncing of the opposition.

One team managed to secure paint from another brand to save some face for their last game, another had no choice but to stick with the aforeunmentioned brand!

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
That brand was breaking in barrels more than anything else :/

Reffing was.... Well, let's not get started on that. Let's just say one point I watched a ref bought his arms down 1 second early then tugged the entire snake side of a team for going early...

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Would you say that reffing has been an issue throughout the series?

On a seperate note, props to Markie and The Firm for their performance this year both on the domestic cicruit and in the MS.

They have won promotion to the SPL the hard way, not by just buying a spot.

Mark has rebuilt the team a number of times over, has obtained high-level sponsorship for his boys and is reaping the results.

Well done.

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
I did a drop test on it and it was breaking when being dropped as low a six inches. No wonder you couldn't get it out of the barrels
We had to ditch several boxes of potted paint when we lost our third, that was... Messy. And the bin wasnt empty...

I know of one team that opted for training grade paint instead.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Reffing was the best I've seen it all year! You will always get a few bad calls, a few false starts, either due to the refs or adjoining field buzzers, props have to go to the Hulk guys and the boys from Taz who reffed, I really didn't see anything appalling al weekend on all four fields.

If you think that applying the rules to the letter is harsh then what is the point of the rules?

The MS reffing crew have done a really good job of mixing the crew up this season to reduce the chances of partisan bias, to the point where there have been 9 different nationalities in one reffing crew.

Reactions: GSuperstar

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
I don't wanna cause any hassle just wondering why looking at the millennium website it says London Shock = Disqualified for this event anyone able to say what happened.

Well done Firm and all the other UK Teams :)

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
I don't wanna cause any hassle just wondering why looking at the millennium website it says London Shock = Disqualified for this event anyone able to say what happened.

Well done Firm and all the other UK Teams :)
lack of players is what i was told today.