Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PayPal changes

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
From what I can gather, It's okay to send within the UK but to send overseas via parcelforce, these seem to be the rules:

Arms and ammunition

Carriage of firearms between registered firearms dealers

A service for Section 1 and 2 firearms and low-powered airguns (as defined by the Firearms Act 1968, as amended), imitation firearms, de-activated guns, antique firearms and paintball guns is available to contract customers only, at the absolute discretion of Parcelforce Worldwide, and is subject to Parcelforce Worldwide providing prior written agreement in advance. Where Parcelforce Worldwide provide concurrence to sending firearms, it is subject to a number of conditions which include:

Collections and deliveries of section 1 and 2 firearms will only be accepted where it can be shown to Parcelforce Worldwide’s satisfaction that both the sender and the recipient are Registered Firearms Dealers. Section 1 and Section 2 firearms, low-powered airguns, imitation firearms, antique firearms and paintball guns may be permitted for zone 1 to 1 on express9, 10, AM, 24, 48 services; deliveries to zones 2 and 3 must be on an express48 service and include ‘do not air uplift’ sticker on the parcel.

• Parcelforce Worldwide reserve the right that if any item is item is sent on the incorrect service, or does not include the correct labelling, or is a prohibited / restricted item then a charge of £20 will be levied in addition to the carriage charge and returned to the sending customer.

• All firearms must be clearly labelled ‘Strictly addressee only’ and ‘Do not leave with a neighbour’.

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
My other half posted a marker for me through the RM next day delivery at our local post office without any issue but she was asked what the item was so she told them it was a "paintball marker" and she had to tick a box on a piece of paper but other than a couple of questions it was posted without any problems.

Reactions: reaperuk91 and EELZ

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
For normal customers you can no longer use Royal Mail/parcel force for paintball guns
Contract customers can
Ignore the rules and it might get through, it may also get sent back to the sender with a £20 bill. Leave off your return address and it could get destroyed
You can use other couriers

There is already a thread on it
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/sending-a-marker-through-parcelforce-post-office.160612/#post-1464936
Anything else on posting guns - please put it to the other thread

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
wierd......., i was at the posty today and it wasnt until the woman serving me got to the point on the list of banned stuff, and said 'weapon' (of the now seemingly mandatory procedure asking whats in the package, if its legit etc) that i told her it was a paintball marker i was sending? she said that was fine... 'it was more like knives' that they are out for apparently

renie

Mar 2, 2008
So Parcel force No, unless your a contract customer I can see that,,
but still can't find anything on Royal Mail saying paintball guns are a prohibited item..
all they have on the website is..

Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.
Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays. Please see www.royalmail.com/prohibitedgoods

Use 1st Class as the minimum service. The sender’s name and address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
may come down to the person who serves u letting things slide or not.... i have had some right uptight gits..... parcel not joking under 1mm too big for the small parcel box made me pay medium for it.. couldnt believe it

Monkey Boy

Apr 8, 2013
All the info on the postal options are great and it's good to get the info out there but we seem to have gone off thread slightly ;)
The issue is with PayPal reportedly changing their policy on paintball markers how can we sell or buy with confidence through PayPal?
How can we protect people from the inevitable scammers etc ?

renie

Mar 2, 2008
If you don't know the seller how about a using a 3rd party

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Use PayPal for things other then guns

The use of third parties is a good idea (they must be trusted 3rd parties!)
This is the way things used to happen in the old days before PayPal

You agree a sale between seller mr a and buyer mr b.
everyone knows and trusts old mr c

B money transfers to c
C checks the money has cleared, and informs a
A posts to b
B recieves and confirms all is good
C releases the money to a

PayPal follows a similar process but releases the money straight away, keeping a percentage as their fee/insurance
If there is a dispute then they refund the buyer and take the money back from the seller - or lock the sellers account
With major money transfers they don't always release the money straight away (also for a few other legal reasons such as money laundering regulations)

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
I think 3 rd party should be mandatory for all new members to p8nt who wish to b/s/t , especially young members