Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PayPal personal payments Gift etc

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
i want to make every one aware that if you do a payment as personal owed gift etc do you also know that if any thing goes wrong you can NOT make a paypal claim if any thing goes wrong. so i would suggest if you are buying items you either include fees in your listing or make it clear buyer absorbs fees.
if you are happy to do this on your payments there is NOTHING you or us can do if it goes wrong :cool:

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
So I assume this then is a case off, do i trust this seller? If yes then i can send my monies via personal payment and pay 4% less or if ii am a little wary I can pay the extra 4% for the extra peace of mind.

Or are you blanket banning the use of paypal personal payments?

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
no i think you hit the nail on the head mate, up to the buyer and seller, but WE will take no responsibility if you lot cant get your own deals right

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Im fairly certain that if someone does get scammed or something happens we can still all help out by organising the usual witch-hunt with pitch forks, despite personal payment selected :)

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Im fairly certain that if someone does get scammed or something happens we can still all help out by organising the usual witch-hunt with pitch forks, despite personal payment selected :)
You forgot the flaming torches :p

Paypal fees are 3.4% + 20p in the UK, use the site http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm to calculate exact fees (redirects from http://www.ppcalc.com )

I take the viewpoint that unless I know you really well and where to find you (like Spamgley :D ) then it is a purchase and should be transacted as such.

P.S. Don't forget to include the cost of any packing materials you might need to post items when working out totals.

CRASH

Team Rampage
Sep 23, 2008
The Ghetto
I posted this a while ago when someone else asked how the different types of payment work. Thought it would help any one else that didnt know already.

And from a personal point, i would only use "payment owed" from known sellers, platinum with high post count or if they live close enough for a visit. ;)

When using Paypal you have the following options when sending money, you can send it as a Purchase or as personal.

If you select Purchase you have to choose from...
  • Goods
  • Services
  • Ebay items

All these options incur a fee of 3.4% plus 0.20p.
If using either of these options you may use the dispute a transaction service provided by paypal for non sent items or similar problems when you are the buyer.

If you select Personal you have to choose from....
  • Gift
  • Personal payment owed
  • Household expense
  • Other

All these options Do Not charge a fee for either the buyer or seller as long as the full amount can be covered by your paypal balance or a validated, linked bank account.
If you use a credit or debit card to cover the balance through personal payment you will be charged a fee of 3.4% plus 0.20p.

When paying through personal payment owed remember that a "Dispute a transaction" cannot be started through paypal for "goods not sent" or any other problem as this service is provided for exactly what its name suggests.