Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PC help

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
I would check out prices @ CCL and Scan as they are both cheaper than OcUK
and CCL have "almost" as many magazine awards for quality as Planet ;)

I would also consider stepping up to an AM2+ board, as opposed to the Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 AM2, because it allows you to upgrade to a Phenom chip at a later date if required. What you would save on the other components would cover the extra cost for a motherboard upgrade

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I use www.microdirect.co.uk for my bits.

Bon said:
...and having nothing but bad experiences with gigabyte...
Really? I always use Gigabyte boards - and have never had a MB fault. Am I missing something?

Oh, and for the record - I design/build/program etc. embedded device systems (I can't go in to too much detail at the moment) so don't bother asking me about 'gaming' ;).

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
I use www.microdirect.co.uk for my bits.

Really? I always use Gigabyte boards - and have never had a MB fault. Am I missing something?

Oh, and for the record - I design/build/program etc. embedded device systems (I can't go in to too much detail at the moment) so don't bother asking me about 'gaming' ;).
Never tried MD, Raf

Must agree with Bon though never had a Gigabyte board run smoothly yet.
MSI is my preference though my main machine actually runs on a Abit Quad GT

Not keen on the 17.36% price premium @ MD for the exact same 1Gb HIS 4670 PCI-E graphics card that I got from CCL either :eek:

AL21784

I love lamp
Sep 19, 2005
Hijacking Balf's datas
I would also consider stepping up to an AM2+ board, as opposed to the Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 AM2, because it allows you to upgrade to a Phenom chip at a later date if required. What you would save on the other components would cover the extra cost for a motherboard upgrade
I agree with Eric on this one, it will save you some cash in the future.

Sneaky edit, The reason I picked the non AM2+ board was because of the CPU I picked out, basically to keep the costs down, but yeah, the AM2+ would save a bit of hassle and money in the future for a extra £30 ish quid now :)

My current and previous build have had Gigabyte motherboard's and I've not had a problem with stability or well anything, the one I've got at the moment I had to upgrade the Bios for it to recognise my cpu, but quick 5 minute job and it was running nicely at 3.06 Ghz, the only reason for that was because the CPU was brand new out :)

AL

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham

Well I went through about 6 gigabyte motherboards last year, different models and revisions, they just dont seem to last long. In the end I sold the one i got back from RMA (the 7th) and got an Asus.... been rock solid ever since.