Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PE etha barrel breaks

O5te

Jun 5, 2018
hey guys,
I have a problem.. the last 3 months i’ve had major issue’s with my PE etha marker.. I’ve had it for a small year now and it never let me down.. and lately i have constant barrel breaks.. it’s not chopping paint but halfway in the barrel.. i’ve changed the battery last month and it shot good for half a day, played with it today, if i got 50 balls good out of 500 it was good.. the paint we were using was proshar exact.. so not the most brittal paint..

Every tip to help out with my problem would be more than helpfull!! Everyone at the club say i have to buy a new gun, but i kind of fell in love with my etha..

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Which barrel are you using? Is it clean inside?

Was everyone else having barrel breaks?

O5te

Jun 5, 2018
I cleaned out both of my barrels, i’m using the stock 2piece barrel and a deathstix barrel with a .689 back. Both the same problem.. i did notice when cleaning the drivetrain that the poppet is a hard to move.. could this be the issue? I’m using the PE grease so. One friend with a etha 2 had a few breaks but he could shoot his whole case and only had like 5 or so.. my other friend uses a axe pro and he had none i think.. all the others i didn’t see them having issue’s so..

O5te

Jun 5, 2018
Both detents are still ok so i don’t see an issue there. Like i said, i have noticed that the poppet is hard to move. It’s not moving like it should. Could this be this issue? It is all cleaned and greased bit still it’s like its stuck a little bit. Once you get it moving it’s moving “ok”. I read someting about a bend poppet that gave firing issues..