The Home Of European Paintball

pgi premier 7's whats going on???

parkrangers

Donna
May 21, 2003
droitwich
Visit site
bite me in the arse

rich have to say i think your a fair marshall and so are your guys but on one of the other fields we really did have a few bad calls since when have u been able to lift a barracade up to shoot the other team? :confused:
and if the marshalling is fair it shouldnt be able to jump up and bite me in the arse!!!
have to say i think grandad is one of the best marshalls i have seen and others could learn from him;)

Oct 30, 2001
G Unit
Visit site
Originally posted by dam-dangerous
what can we expect for the next event?
sorry people but all i can see so far is it is going to be an unmitigated disaster, in respect of attendence.
there are about 40 teams booked in at the pa league and no one can take it from them, they have done the footwork and it seems to be paying off.
where are all the other teams that are not at the p.a?

no offence s.p.c but you need to get your finger out and attract the teams back if you want to keep things going.
only 19 teams last event, 15 so far this time!
as i understand it, last event barely covered the set up costs.
and this one doesnt look any further on.

dont know how you will do this, but need to do it fast.
midland masters and associated events have always been popular from the start
and it would be a massive waste if it was all to come to nothing.

major compaints that i hear at most of the events dont seem to get answered.
mostly about marshalling,

ian - uk chameleons

Ian We only pulled out because we thought the event was to expensive for what it was thats the only reason.

I Think one of the problems is some teams cant afford to play all the events so they go for the one that has more teams in or facilitie's.

Mario i dont think its a bit harsh from Ian because when you are paying all that money 15 Teams is abit of a let down.

Steven

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
all im saying is your all bashing an event that has only had one round. Give it a chance at least.

anyway there's no point in me saying much else as it doesn't really concern me does it? i apologise for entering the convo...

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
UK Masters/King of the Hill

As wendy said, UKM/KotH is ticking over nicely, and is not really in need of any change. A date change could cause problems for a lot of people in that series. Some peeple may have commitments that they wouldn't be able to keep if there was a major change in the schedule.

If there are problems with one series by all means look for solutions, but not at the cost of another series. If you want to swap the dates, it would only be fair to consult the teams playing UKM/KotH as well as those playing the PGI 7's.

dam-dangerous

ian - uk chameleons
Jul 6, 2001
sheffield
www.damdangerous.co.uk
Originally posted by Ronniepimpstar
It's a shame the pgi-7's is struggling as the organisers put on a really good event and I remember a few of them being really excited about this seasons prospects! However I also seem to remember an arrogance around a certain few who said "we'll go head to head with any other tournament, it won't matter!" and that appears to be the problem!! The English game seems to be watered down now with so many teams in so many different tournaments, when really all we want, is to compete against every team, not just the ones in our league!! The only way this is an option, is to set out tournaments so they don't clash! Now this point has been taken and changes are to be made. Great! Because I enjoyed the Midlands Masters last year and thought it was a really well run event, before anyone points the finger and says "why didn't we play it this season then?" It was down to choice, a choice which would attract sponsors and also the fact that we had points deducted last year and we didn't agree with that!! So we chose to play in the PA league, however if the opportunity came where I was able to play both... I would!! Seems someone has to stop Kelly's.... It aint that hard!!:D

In my opinion (Which aint worth much) I would swap the dates for koth and central 7's- easiest solution!!

Mario wind your neck in:D
Dw if you have nothing to say.......Say nothing (It's for the post count right?):D
Dickysixx..Chill:cool:
Ian....moaning about reff's?!?!!? Shocking

Hope something is sorted so we can get Just SoManc down there:D

Peace and Love Ronnie:D :D
ronnie with valid points!
thought i would never see it;)

my moans are not about the marshals but about the whole event and the current s.p.c running form. people just seemed to pick up on the fact that i mentioned marshaling. the marshaling as a whole for all s.p.c events is the same. not biast but of a low standard for all.
like it or not, some of the marshals do not understand the rules and roles of a marshal.
there are some that are very good at thier job and some not so good. when the marshaling is bad it is bad for everyone.

last year the m.m's were a serious contender.
this year they seem to have rested on thier lorrals and expected things to just come back to them.

i dont know if it is right but talk was that prem dates were put out after pa dates deliberatly to clash, thinking they would overrun the pa. if this is true then that is some of the most pure arrogance i have seen in a long time. and it has backfired big time.
all that is needed is to change dates as is know being discussed and many problems will be sorted. maybe not all but deffinatly a limp of them.

ian - uk chameleons

dam-dangerous

ian - uk chameleons
Jul 6, 2001
sheffield
www.damdangerous.co.uk
Originally posted by steven09 (Exodus Capt)
Ian We only pulled out because we thought the event was to expensive for what it was thats the only reason.

I Think one of the problems is some teams cant afford to play all the events so they go for the one that has more teams in or facilitie's.

Mario i dont think its a bit harsh from Ian because when you are paying all that money 15 Teams is abit of a let down.

Steven
spot on dude.
whe the event was first advertised, (correct me if i'm wrong)
the price was £300, but if you paid your deposit by whatever date then they would reduce your price to £200.

all teams there were then told that the price had been reduced to £245 for all teams.
know i'm quite good at maths and in my calculations that means that the teams that paid the deposit have been over charged!!

just another problem that people were talking about.

ian - uk chameleons.:confused:

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
ah the dates....i wont say anything 'naughty' as im friends with both sides, but do you honestly think the dates were decided that late and that the series organisers didn't talk to each other beforehand.

Don't be so naive...

dam-dangerous

ian - uk chameleons
Jul 6, 2001
sheffield
www.damdangerous.co.uk
me naive.!!!!!

mario i have been about for long enough to know how things work, and yes i do belive that the dates were set like this deliberatly.

i know most parties involved in the prem and pa well enough to make an educated decision and i dont think you can stand there hand on heart and tell me that you thought that the pa were a serious threat to you.

ian:confused:

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Hand on heart i can say they were and are a threat to the PGI 7's.

but you only know when the dates were bought out publicly. i know when they were bought out privately between the series organisers.

As i said earlier it really makes no difference to me as it doesn't affect me.

as i say im friends with both sides. I know that Hatts wouldn't do anything malicious just as i know SPC wouldn't

Feel free to PM me and we can discuss it mate.