Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Picked a marker now the air system

Chris beesley

Nov 21, 2013
Decided to buy a planet eclipse etha marker now I need an air system I'm looking to buy one and not have to upgrade in the near future please can people recommend as there are so many choices.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A 3,000psi steel/aluminium cylinder at about £30/£40 will do just fine.

If you are flush on funds then consider a fibre 4,500psi cylinder, however this needs more thought and some hands on.
Firstly - is it worth an extra £100 for the extra capacity, will you be playing at sites that provide 4500psi fills?
There is a variety in shapes and sizes - you can go for a smaller compact cylinder, but end up with only the same amount of air as a normal 3000psi cylinder, or go for a bigger more bulky cylinder.
The right cylinder will ergonomicaly fit you.

Remember that a fibre cylinder costs more and should be considered an investment that will require hydro tests to get the 15 year life. A steel cylinder is much cheaper and though it can be tested is cheap enough to consider disposabable every 5 years.

Chris beesley

Nov 21, 2013
I like the idea of the fibre cylinder particularly the weight benefit, I guess I should try and offer up a few different bottles on the marker and see which one feels right for me and as for budget the air supply and my goggles are an area I don't mind spending quite a bit on.

longi

Mar 16, 2008
I'd definitely go with a 4500psi fibre cylinder, there are plenty of sizes to choose from although I'd recommend either a 1.5 or a 1.1. I wouldn't recommend going lower than than a 1.1 litre cylinder.