Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pimped your ION?

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Just out of interest, how much does one of these 'pimped' ions cost? if you add together the cost of the gun, plus upgrades and all that. And do you install them yourselves or get a tech to do it?

Coldy
I have never been brave enough to add it all up ;).

The beauty of it - is that it has been done gradually - no big outlay from the start.

A stock ION is good as a basic tourney marker - so a stock is good enough for most. Additions/alterations are a personal thing.

Oh, and it's all my own work :D.

Matt1664

Sep 6, 2006
London
Just out of interest, how much does one of these 'pimped' ions cost? if you add together the cost of the gun, plus upgrades and all that. And do you install them yourselves or get a tech to do it?

Coldy
Never added mine up either and dont want to lol,

But Also the good thing is with all the left over stock parts you can build a new Ion! which is what im going to do next just got a frame need a new fire chamber and some banjos and im just about there could sell that our keep it as a spare

Coldy

Jan 1, 2006
Nottingham
Come on boys, tell me how much....

Scared ok i'll tell you how much i paid for mine to get the ball rolling.

I have a 05 Nexus Ego Formerly owned by Nexus #77 Junior brown, in the guns for hire colours. I brought it earlier this year for £450 with air. and i've spent £100 on parts, locking feed neck, virtue board (2nd hand) and some grips.

I've showed you mine...

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
220 quid with air my ion cost

tigers flashed board
max flo
delrin trigger (better one)
all american freak front
freak set
norm freak front

thats about it but mine was pre pimped and second hand

i still hate it cos its broke cos its too slow for me now

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Original ION cost around £200. There's about another £250-£300 worth of 'extras' on it now - with even more to go on (waiting on my Trinity body and reg cover - and I've just ordered the yellow lazer eyes and Dye membrane kit).

That'll add another £100 :rolleyes:.

The things you do for your kids!

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I know - but that would mean coughing up the pennies all in one go. This ION has been built up gradually (a bit like buying an Ego on the drip ;)).