Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

piranha sts g3 core, piranha sts g3 vf, or tippman 98c

dyings1ave

Jan 5, 2002
Visit site
im new to the sport and want a good starter gun. one which is accurate, reliable, not too loud, upgradeable, and not a gas hog. i will be using co2. I am right handed and i look through the sight rail with my left eye, and i wonder which one of these markers will suit me most comfortalby as well. im not one who likes to shoot a lot of paintballs, i'd rather aim throught the sight rail first. I also want something i can hold comfortably with both hands. i will be playing in the woods most likely. also where should i get this equipment online, so far piratepaintball.com seems to be the cheapes package. tahnks and sorry for the long post.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Oh, no worries. Long posts are good at times. Anyway, I'd say go with the M98 or, if you must use something else, get the cheapest and simplest Piranha you can. There's no point in paying more money than for the base model, because essentially nothing is to gain beyond that for the money that you spend. Either one should serve you well. Paintballgear.net is a great place to go, as are eBay, www.predator-paintball.com, and www.copaintball.com. Have fun.

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
Heheeeeee

Boy you asked the right question on the right forum at the right time. I have done a TON of research on this matter (far tooo much really). GET THE PRO TS! My friend has a tricked out Tippmann (Brianguard16) and he's now switching over to the Piranha Pro TS. Go to PaintballgunReview.com and read the review they have for it. It's...well.... :eek: (awesome)

At PBGR.com you can also read reviews on the Tippmann and the EXT Pro. They are both good guns...the Pro TS is just...how else can I say it....better?

Also, at Pbreview.com (different site) the average rating is like 9.9/10 for around 40 reviews :eek:

The Piranha will be especially good if you are running c02 as they come stock with a decent regulator. They strip down like no other (very easy) and the Pro TS actually has a good stock barrel, so you don't have to upgrade that.

The only drawback I can see for you is that the Piranha and most guns come with either a powerfeed or a vertical feed which both block the middle of the gun so you can't really "see" down the middle. I've just learned to aim with the tip of my barrel.

-All of this is data I've collected from reviews, and I have no actual experience on the matter. However, I would STRONGLY advise the Piranha PRO TS as it just kicks major booty. :D

Dat's jus' my opinion, but I am always right and will never, ever be proved wrong. You see?

M98

I'm the Onion man on this... I've never owned a Tippman but i did tech on them for one of the biggest rec sites in europe so I kinda know pretty much all about them. Value for money wise they are simply amazing. The stock Rate Of Fire and just the feel of the trigger is superior to any Spyder/Spyder takeoff?(Piranha) that I've seen. Only essential upgrade is a barrel really.

K

J

James

Spyders are a good starter as well and they hold up well. I started with a Shutter and still have it. I have moved on to a Autococker since but I play with both of them. I have one that is new in the box for sale. I got it in a shipping accident, they double shipped me! It's blue and silver and comes with a hopper and a elbow. I am asking $200.00 for it. Drop me a line if your interseted.

James

Cap

Is it 420 yet
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I think.........

a Spyder is the bets gun for starter.. Its fully upgradeble (most upgradeble gun out there) and you can fix it up as u get better or leave it how it is i have a spyder tl plus im very happy with it i have a razzor pmi barrel 14inch and a 6 stage expansion chamber by 32 degrees its shooting pretty smooth no ball chops and great accuracy but accuracy i believe is in ball to barrel .....
here is the best place to buy i think ....

www.PaintballonDemand.com :p take it ez there all pretty good guns