Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pistol recommendations

Chrris

VP, Mergers and Aquisitions...
Aug 27, 2019
Surrey
Looking for pistol recommendations, my friends have TipX's and seem to get on with them.

Thanks

pizzadude

resU deretsigeR
Apr 30, 2009
Warwick, Warwickshire
I have a Tiberius T9.1 - the hand grip is massive and the overall pistol is larger than a Spyder MR1. That being said, it's a cracking piece of kit. The old Splatmasters are a hoot to use, but you have to recock after every shot.

Ask your friends if you can play a game/s with their TipX's (just the TipX only) and see how you get on with it. They have a good reputation for a reason ;)

Anotsu

Jan 13, 2008
Tiberius T8.1 are big but great accuracy and range. Reliability is better than any of the .43 pistols.

Muckypup

Platinum Member
Nov 27, 2021
Outwell
I'm torn between the Umarex revolver and a replacement TipX. How are the balls from the revolver? I had a dabble in 50cal when it first came out and tested it with a mate - he counted out and put a hundred down the barrel, hit me with 70ish and only about 20 actually burst on me!

But the sexiness of that revolver is hard to ignore....

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I'm torn between the Umarex revolver and a replacement TipX. How are the balls from the revolver? I had a dabble in 50cal when it first came out and tested it with a mate - he counted out and put a hundred down the barrel, hit me with 70ish and only about 20 actually burst on me!

But the sexiness of that revolver is hard to ignore....
Umarex 50? That’s not a revolver, this is a revolver ……

9B705DC8-B355-4535-A756-7FBC12D0CC4E.jpeg

….. and sat beside an Umarex
80A0CCA6-77F8-4482-B37D-006C0C759F82.jpeg

Thats a Sellswords 3D printed .68” front end on a Crossman .177 air pistol, and is very under powered.

I’ve fired the Selswords on the range, and the Umarex hasn’t had an outing.

.50” is at a smaller end of the market. (Pub not intended) This time around it picked up well through being adopted as ‘low impact’ and the conversion of some sites to fully 0.50” for their rental fleets.
Paint quality improves when there is a big enough market, but still in the rental market they can need the balls to be survivable on site without knowing for certain how many they will sell on a day and to have plenty if the rentals have deep pockets to keep spending today.
This makes rental balls tougher than ‘premium’ tournament balls and then there’s the matter of the guns not being the most gentle around.

If someone thinks a .50” is a bit hard to break today then they hadn’t encountered the blowpipe .50” that were in gadget shops about a decade ago or longer.

The tipx is a more practical pistol, and it fires standard balls
A revolver is a revolver though
And a Sellsword is a cannon