Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

pistols

sea-mouse

May 26, 2014
can anyone point me in the right direction for a good, cheap magfed pistol. preferably .68. thanks :)

Ashfire

Sep 3, 2014
Tipx by tippman seems pretty common. They retail around £175 with two mags. Been doing the same research myself.

Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent

THE Big Bad Wolf
Aug 28, 2014
Isle Of Thanet
I am torn between the TiPX and the Tiberius 8.1, I like the cheap mags of the TiPX, but the 8.1 looks nicer (to me) and seems better made.. but I am an owner of neither.. and still trying to make a decision (held up more by waiting for funds currently) I have read that some people say the 8.1 grip is too big, or the Mags are too expensive... but the mags are hardier on the 8.1.. every time I think I got it sussed, and know what I want, I read something that leaves me unsure again..

Ashfire

Sep 3, 2014
Had a play with a tipx yesterday. It seems great for scenario games. My friends one was running on an air line and seemed fine to me. From the research I've done I think you'll be fine either way. You could always buy a tipx and if you don't get on with it sell it to me and buy a tiberius. ;)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The tipx and tiberius are pretty much on a par
I used to prefer tiberius, now tipx

Reasons why one is different, better or worse than the other:

Tiberius Grip
The grip is fatter, small people with small hands might not cope well with it. I have big hands
Tipx is also fine in my hands

12 grams
The tipx method with co2 under the barrel (like paintball pistols used to be) means you only use one 12 gram at a time, (and with the tipx is not punctured until you shoot) the tiberius method is that it is in the magazine which means you commit and puncture a 12 gram for every magazine you carry
Tiberius has a spare mag ready when the co2 runs out, tipx has to have the 13 gram emptied and changed

Light or 'sidearm' users - with regard to 12 grams go tipx

Using 12 grams in a firefight
with the tiberius you carry as many mags as you like, and expect about 3 uses of a magazine before changing co2
Start playing, use magazine number 1, reload to magazine number 2
Click the tab on the bottom of magazine 1 and if you have the opportunity reload paint
Repeat. If it's a big firefight then you could be exchanging all your magazines without reloading opportunities - so practice reloading magazines with paint by one hand
When you have fired paint from a specific magazine 3 times (adjust low and you might just manage 4) change its 12 gram and reset the clicker
You have hopefully staggered reloads and have at least one unused magazine spare so you don't need to change 12 grams to all one after the other

For the tipx this is not so easy. You can only change 12 gram when it requires you to do so, and the observant will notice when you are due
There are 2 solutions - remote line or twin pistol

Remote line:
The tiberius remote line gets fitted to the magazine, not ideal as though you never need to change co2 you need to reload the one magazine with paint again and again
The tipx remote line fits on the back, just leave in an empty 12 gram to keep the circuit sealed and keep changing magazines

There is now a tiberius inline adaptor instead of via the magazine. If this is suitable for the pistols then it brings the tiberius in line with the tipx

Magazine choice and compatibility:
There are more magazine options for the tipx, Standard 7 or 8 (they started with 8 then switched to 7 as some people had problems with the 8) plus bigger ones such as the 20 round zeta (10 rounds each end and flippable)

Tpx/tipx
This was just a legal issue with naming. However if a pistol is marked Tpx then it is an early edition, if tipx then it is the newer edition
The first Tpx had a free upgrade provided by tippmann (changing some parts) most will be upgraded now but if the owner didn't have a problem then they may not have changed the parts

Reactions: Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent

Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent

THE Big Bad Wolf
Aug 28, 2014
Isle Of Thanet
Thank you for the information again Tommikka, always good to hear from someone who has used them both.

I am leaning towards the Tiberius, (socom) because to me it looks better, and the extended barrel (Mock Silencer) should improve accuracy, and as before, it looks to my eye better,

I also worry about the TiPX being all plastic, although many people use them happily, and I know plastics have gone a very long way, including being strong enough to fire "real" bullets, so its not really an argument that works to well in daylight.

To me, I think the decision can only be made by getting to feel and hold both and then see how I and they feel..

So either I have to get to an event and hope there are people bringing both, or get to a shop and do the same.. (both of which seem to mean 2+ hours driving.. )...

Ashfire

Sep 3, 2014
My friend has both so I asked if I could have a go with the tiberius too. 100% agree with everything said above.

For me I'm going for the tipx due to the feel. That's a personal thing and like you say you'll need to try them out.

Have fun. You could always buy them both. ;)

Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent

THE Big Bad Wolf
Aug 28, 2014
Isle Of Thanet
If the cheque I have been waiting for for 3 weeks so far arrives (insurance payout) I might just do that.. I can then spectacularly fall off my crutches while firing two pistols.. proper movie style! lol.. :)

Sadly seen a few TiPX's going for about £130 second hand (barely used allegedly) which would leave me enough to get the Tib 8.1 brand new.. lol..

I am also getting a neoprene back support, because I really really do not want to have a direct hit on my lower spine.. Nothing worse than waiting for the money you have already spent.. lol..