Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

pl hlp!! delrin bolts????

N00bblaster

Oct 19, 2001
Visit site
Are delrin bolts good on a spyder tl+ or do they wear themselves down fast? are there any upgrades anyone would suggest for a tl+ everything i have is stock except the barrel i have a dye xcel barrel and im thinking of ethier buying a dye ultralite a sp tear drop barel.

Micah

Do you have a regulator? If not buy one. It'll make yr 'gun more consistant and therefore more accurate (paintballs will be more apt to hit the same spot over and over again b/c they'll begoing the same velocity)
Do you have an agitating loader? Pick up atleast a 9V revy and you'll never have to shaker your marker again ... yyou might already have one .. I don't know.
Other than that I'd pick up another barrel with a different bore size. Look into a CP barrel they can be had for +/- $50 and they shoot like $100 barrels. If you want to spend even more money on you Spyder you could buy a new valve for it. You'd probably need a reg or a very light spring if you put a new valve in it because it will lower the pressure needed to fire the pb. You'll break less paint and your spyder will be much quieter. Or if you plan to move on to bigger and better things you could stop upgrading and start saving up for a fancy lp electro or a 'cocker or something of that nature.
Delrin will not wear down any more noticably faster than aluminum. It is how ever self lubercating and will not scratch the inner body like an alum bolt will. A higher flow bolt will lower the presure required to fire the pb thus also requiring you to lower the input pressure and/or spring tension in you spyder.
Sorry for the rather long wined response.
-Micah

Micah

I'd get get the vertical feed stock cocker. Not only is it vertical feed, it comes with a metal 45 frame. So you wont need to replace the frame right off like you would buying a regular stock cocker. Buy an agitating loader 12V Revy or similar. Then I would recomend a Barrel system such as the Freak or a the CP pro Barrel system. Both run about $200 but remember it will allow you to change bore sizes, and paint:barrel match is the most important thing for accuracy. And since the Cocker is closed bolt the barrel will prevent roll out. Other than that, new cockers shoot great out of the box. I ran my 'cocker off C02 for over 2 years with +/-5fps on the crono. So don't think you NEED nitro right away. Wait 'til you really have the money. After a while you might want to buy a new 3-way (probably Besales Angry, or Shocktech Bomb) new ram (probably Polished STO ram or an ANS mini Ram) a new front reg (probably a Palmers Rock) But those things are mostly just for looks. I'd spend my money on new internals. Either a AKALMP Lightining Bolt or a Shocktech Superfly bolt. A new hammer, I realy like the Warped Sportz Heavy Hammer kit. And a new valve, I really like the Maddman Rocket valve or the MacDev R.E.D. Valve. AKALMP also makes a cool little thing that fits on the bottom of the stock reg to change the input pressure with out taking the reg apart. The stock reg is one of the highst flowing regs on the market. O, and as far as Grip frames, They're mostly just for looks. I'd say get a hinge. Either WGP Eclipse or DYE they're all quality. Stay away from the fugly Shocktech frame though. It's not tourney legal, the trigger is wider than the guard. Plus it's really ugly.
Or you could just get a STO or a Black Magic or an Besales Evo.
Sorry for the rather long winded response.
-Micah

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by Micah
. Stay away from the fugly Shocktech frame though. It's not tourney legal, the trigger is wider than the guard. Plus it's really ugly.

-Micah
The legallity of the frame was discussed at the World Cup with a representative from Shocktech with Bill Cookson and Jerry Braun and floating about Stosh......and Me being in the background ...IT IS LEGAL !!!!! As to being "fugly" well up to the person buying it........ I ain't sponsored by Shocktech and the only product I have of theirs I use is a drop forward so I am not baised. But rumours about the legallity stem from the other people looking with envy at a product from a company who always make radical steps in their pursuit of excelence ....(Robbo note the previous sentence) Don't you think that the Forum would have been "alive" with postings about is this legal or not ? other products from other companies have legal issues in certain countries but not a grip frame for an Autococker.

Micah

Well, in all hosesty, another forum That I belong to that is pure autococker was alive with the legality issues of it for a long time it died down after a while, I don't think any real conclusion was drawn, that just what I got from it, since a trigger guard must be wider than the trigger for it to actualy be conciderd a safty feature at most fields.

Can you hosestly tell me that the shocktech trigger frame looks even reasonably good? Can you find anyone who does? I doubt it. And further more this product was not an original ideal of theirs WGP came out with the first hinge trigger frames, every one else who makes accessories for the autococker followed suit. I am not against shocktech in any way shape of form I have only had personal experience with a few of their products and I have forund most of them to be of high quality. On the message board however, I have not heard one good comment about the Shocktech hinge trigger frame todate.

I've noticed that in general they do a poor job nickeling most items as the nickel plating came partly off on my old bevertail as well on my friends Bomb 3-way. I replaced my bevertail with one that is exactly the same and so far it is holding up. I also have friends who have had to buy new cocker bodies because of the RAT 3:16 valve striping the valve threads inside of their old bodies.

I am in no way against Shocktech (just wanted to say that again) infact I plan to buy a Superfly bolt and a bomb 3-way with my next pay check.

All the products I recomended are in my opnion the best avalible today.

-Micah

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
have to say it looks better than the trigger frame on my cocker but then since it has no trigger guard anything would look good but then i was considering putting a guard the same design as Shocktech's on the cocker a year ago just never got around to it but my cocker is a backup anyhow but even if the field insisted on a trigger guard for the marker i have a shocker as a second backup
I do think that the approach of the style of trigger guard is good on the shocktech frame
nickle plating?? mmmm can't comment
original ideas are always "improved" upon or approached from a different angle
look at the drop forwards about...the first I believe was made commercially by MPM sure some one will say different but that isn't the point I mean look how many drop forwards there are now all the "same" but different
the basic permise of blow back semi's how many use that format but do they all look the same...technically yes but appearance no
change a % of the design and it is yours as long as you make enough changes you don't get sued thats why the Angel has so many patents cos you don't see any (as yet) Angel clones
I could go on but I think you get the drift of what I am trying to say

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
get a barrel that will suit the majority of paints if you are on a budget

My website has a comparison chart for paint to barrel match http://www.ukcougars.co.uk then go to the technical page from the link you will find there few other things for cockers there as well

if the cocker is not a vertical feed you can get a power feed from Armson http://proteamsproducts.com so that can take care of that

a revolution hopper is a must (or any agitating hopper you feel happy with) most all the secondary regs do the same job mainly down to looks/price

Look at other peoples cockers and look at what they have on theirs and decide what YOU like.
In standard form the cocker is good the performance upgrades are not huge with aftermarket bits, ease of use and looks is their main selling point the external velocity adjustment kit (sidewinder or rex) works as well as the stock velocity adjustment but it is easier to use than the internal one ...costs money though all cocker upgrades are dependant on how deep your pockets are
drop forwards are not for everyone a member of my team likes his marker at arms length...you may be the same?
my own cocker was bought used, I never shot a ball through it I gave it straight to an Airsmith and said "do everything" looks like a peice of crap externally but all the internals are Evolution so it works very well but then I had the money to do it ....you may not