Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Planet eclipse etek 3 for starter??

O5te

Jun 5, 2018
hey guys,
My name is Timothy, i live in Belgium and i’m 29 years old. I’m sorry if my English isn’t at its best .
I recently went paintballing a few times and i’m sold. I want to do this as a hobby.
I started looking around for starter packs but i don’t lik the woodsball guns that much. I just love the speedball guns.
I’ve found a planet eclipse etek 3 with an electric hopper and mask for 150€.
Is this a marker you guys would recommand for a beginner? And are there any weak spots i should look for when i buy the marker? Because i don’t want to buy a broken marker. The guy who sells it says it’s in perfect shape but you never know.
Also there is bo HPA bottle that comes with it. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance guys!

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
If the Etek is in working condition, buy it. They are solid workhorses and the deal is good.

Check that it shoots, does not leak and that the eyes work. The barrel should screw in straight with no effort and there should be no loose parts or rattling. It would be best if you could test shoot it with balls before purchase. Get a more experienced friend have a look at it if you can -- most players are happy to help.

But honestly there isn't a lot to go wrong with an Etek unless it's actually been abused.

Reactions: O5te and SPIKEE

O5te

Jun 5, 2018
Big thanks guys. I recieved some detailed pictures and the gun looks like it was never used. I’d love to take someone to have a look but no one i know can help me with that..
What i was wondering. There is no HPA bottle with the marker.
Would this be any good to start http://assassins-arms.com/sprzet-en/butle-en/systemy-hp-en/proto-hp-air-system-48-3000-silver-bonnet-en.html ??
I know it’s not the best or the most light weight tank but i can always upgrade from there on.. will it work with this marker?

MarkC82

Feb 4, 2013
Birmingham
Had an etek3 am with a dye rotor as my first tourney style marker a few years back great choice for a beginner. Very easy to maintain being a poppet mechanism. Loved mine never failed me but that kick and quite loud compaired to a spool design

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
It's not uncommon to see virtually unused Eteks for sale. Lots of people get one as a backup and end up never really using it.

Your two basic choices for air are 0.8litre 3000psi metal tanks and 1.1litre 4500psi carbon fibre tanks.

The carbon tanks are better in every way except price. But within each category they are pretty much all the same.

(You can also get a lightweight carbon tank, but those are a lot more expensive than the basic ones).

O5te

Jun 5, 2018
So, change of plans, the guy sold it behind my back..
i now found an planet eclipse etha second hand.. good price, again without the air bottle. I was looking and it seems that the etha is quit similar to the etek 3? Or am i wrong?

I was wondering if someone has experience with these ( https://eu.paintball.de/hp-air-co2/hp-air-systems/hpa-system-3000-psi-protoyz-with-protoyz-regulator-and-0-8l-aluminium-tank-pi-certified-incl-neopen-bottle-cover/a-527/ ) air tanks? Is it any good? Because you cant find much on the internet about these..

Thanks guys!

scooby_doo

Born to be BUD
Jan 11, 2007
Liverpool
Etha is similar in that it's an eclipse so very robust and it's a marker but the mechanism inside is very different.

Etha is a spool valve etek is poppet so fires, feels and sounds abit different. You can probably find reviews in Google etek 3 v etha and will show more.

A solid marker and not a bad choice much as the etek was.

Is it an old etha or the new one?

On the bottle, not used one but it will work just heavy compared to a fibre one. Most sites only fill to 3000psi anyway so the difference should be fine there but may limit you in the long run depending on where you develop (i.e. tourney or just the odd walk-on) .

All in all for a first marker choice the marker and bottle are fine, remember you need a hopper too

Reactions: O5te

O5te

Jun 5, 2018
Etha is similar in that it's an eclipse so very robust and it's a marker but the mechanism inside is very different.

Etha is a spool valve etek is poppet so fires, feels and sounds abit different. You can probably find reviews in Google etek 3 v etha and will show more.

A solid marker and not a bad choice much as the etek was.

Is it an old etha or the new one?

On the bottle, not used one but it will work just heavy compared to a fibre one. Most sites only fill to 3000psi anyway so the difference should be fine there but may limit you in the long run depending on where you develop (i.e. tourney or just the odd walk-on) .

All in all for a first marker choice the marker and bottle are fine, remember you need a hopper too
Thanks scooby doo,
Yeah i’ll search some vids later this evening.
It’s the first etha, the old one. But it has an upgraded bolt (so he says). It’s a complete package with a mask, hopper, pods, pod best, jersey, etc. Just no air bottle.
I’ll start playing a few time’s a month, if i want to improve i can still buy an carbon fiber bottle but i think to start off i’ll buy a cheap bottle and see where we go with it.
I do thank you guys for all the info!!!

Grtz