The Home Of European Paintball

Planet's new Ego gun

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Originally posted by Ben Frain
I feel the reason for this is that with a cocker the bolt first has to come back, a ball drop in the breech and then the bolt move forward to fire it. With an open bolt, the ball is ready and waiting and all you are waiting for is the bolt to move forward.

I'm probably over simplifying things but that's the way I understand it??
You got it wrong, man. There should be a ball ready to fire before you pull the trigger. The bolt moves after the gun shoots the ball, not before. So that first shot should be faster. It is all the other ones after that that are slower.*

*Just wanted to clarify.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by gyroscope
You got it wrong, man. There should be a ball ready to fire before you pull the trigger. The bolt moves after the gun shoots the ball, not before. So that first shot should be faster. It is all the other ones after that that are slower.*

*Just wanted to clarify.
You sure about that? I thought the bolt in the 'rest' state is directly under the feedneck? So surely the bolt has to come back first to allow the ball in and then forward again to fire it?

Or am I getting muddled? Does the cocker somehow 'chamber' a ball first?

Originally posted by Ben Frain
You sure about that? I thought the bolt in the 'rest' state is directly under the feedneck? So surely the bolt has to come back first to allow the ball in and then forward again to fire it?

Or am I getting muddled? Does the cocker somehow 'chamber' a ball first?
You pull the trigger, the cocker fires then the bolt comes back...letting another ball drop into the chamber. The bolt then moves forward and the ball is pushed into the firing position ready for the next trigger pull

-EDD