Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Planet's new Ego gun

Alien_Balliztix

Diet Coke with Cherry
It is about a shift to the side of a couple of millimetres. insted of the feedneck being dead centre on body it is shifted maybe no more than 4 millimeters to the right(?) side I think. virtually nothing. It works by not allowing the ball to drop directly down. Instead the balldrops and is deflected to the left hand side of the breech where the eyes are situated. hence the ball stays still instead of trying to bounce back up. Thus eliminating the need to pause for a millisecond before firing. equalling higher rate of fire. capability is 40 cycles per second apparently.

:D hope this helps and answer's your query. :D

p.s. I been reading up. LOL

Alien_Balliztix

Diet Coke with Cherry
And here is Planet's explanation:

One of the most exciting, yet subtle features of the Ego is its Patent Applied for Def-Tek feed system. Where most vert feed markers come unstuck, even those with eyes and sensors, is when it comes down to tumbling balls in the feed. It is all to easy for balls to drop down the feed, hit the bottom of breech, and bounce straight back up. The ones that bounce back up are then susceptible to being chopped by the bolt coming forward. Even guns with breech sensors can be affected, as the ball is sensed and accepted as present and the gun is allowed to fire. The ball can then continue to bounce back out of the breech and be chopped. The way most manufacturers get around this problem is by adding a delay into the timing circuit to ensure that the ball has remained in place, and not bounced in the breech, before the gun is allowed to fire. Either way, with conventional systems you end up with either the possibility of a chop, even with a breech sensor, or software that slows the cycle time down (and hence rate of fire) in order to prevent that happening. The Way the Ego’s feed works is by slightly offsetting the vertical feed in relationship to the breech. This allows the balls a perfectly free path into the breech so as not to effect feed rate, but then deflects the ball against the far side of the breech, rather than the base of the breech, to stop it wanting to bounce back out. Even balls falling from a great height, uninterrupted, do not want to bounce out of the breech. They just stop there, perfectly chambered, ready to fire. Simple, yet flawless.

Ok im gona play devils advocate (sp) for a minute here and ive got a quetion for the planet guys.......

Which one would you say is better the EGO with a price tag of £799 or the E2 Nexus Cocker that sells for £1,245.50?

I know its not quite that simple im just interested to see what you think.

-EDD :)

Oct 30, 2001
G Unit
Visit site
it comes back to the cocker v Timmy days...

Which is better neither they both rock...

you got to fire one to judge which marker is the one for you

no point us telling you what we preffer as your the one who will be using one.

The price tag is very competitve i understand that but the nexus has quite a few more parts on..

Im sure jack will post up full spec soon of what i have probably missed.

If you have always been a cocker lover buy a DC2
if you havnt they buy an ego you will love it

steve