Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Playing a snake on your off side?

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
    Message Count:
    Here is todays anactdote:

Ok, so I'm playing a snake for the first time ever. I'd told my team that I hated the idea of a snake so I'm doubling up at the back and looking for a move. We go down one, and I see that I can get to the snake, so I go for it. Then I relaise that our team is falling apart and the back man in a (as I see it) left lie down coke can is still in.

So I crawl like I never have before (literally never, never even thought about it before, just happened), get past the fifty. Shoot one player in the back across field, as the back player clearly hasn't realised I am there, then go back down, am pretty sure I am last man in now, and not happy!

The back guy now is on me, and what follows is a sorry excuse for a snap shooting contest, where I blat a couple of balls at his general direction, because I am being forced to play left handed lying down which I suck at, and after a couple of bounces he nails me in the head. I retire to discover that our left hand side back palyer was still in.

Here endeth the anactdote.

Ok guys, apart from laughing at me for being crap (which I get enough of the time thanks!). What should I have done/not have done.

Should I have attempted to mug the back guy, leaving the rest of my team to colapse without any help?

Should I have asked for someone to nail the back guy (he could still have played down the tape pretty safely actually, but in principle.

Should I have moved back to somewhere where I could have shot him right handed.

I know I did loads of things wrong, any advice would be great

TIA

Richard

2. Alien MattttttLock

Alien
    Message Count:
    At least you tried Richard.

Did your back guy know you were in the snake? if so he should have helped you out.
    And do you suck at, a)shooting left handed. b)shooting laying down or c) both. the only answer to either is to practice.

Don't know about mugging the guy as i didnt see the incident so cant comment.

Alien

3. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Message Count:
    No idea I'm afraid, I dashed off without really asking, and then I didn't know he was there. Wookie, if you see this you could enlighten me...

Both, but left-handed in particular.

Thanks though, I know you are right, but I don't get much of a chance to practice sup'air :(

Richard

4. skullicious Active Member

skullicious
    Message Count:
    I'm not too experienced a player and I havent even played a snake yet.
    But when something like that happens to me as well as thinking what else I could have done I will try and practice (in the garden) the situation that occured.
    I have played enough "snakes" in my garden:D

5. Tommy Gun-Nexus Guest

Tommy Gun-Nexus
    How many opposition were left in?

If you were outnumbered then your best bet would have been to cross up with your other live player (by him moving across + you shooting accross the field, from the back of the snake or by Buging back to a different bunker so that you can effectively play your game).

In any situation - practice make perfect dude.

L8trz

6. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Message Count:
    4 (out of 5)

Interesting, that is completely the opposite to my instincts, which are to push up and go for the jugular.

Does it make any difference that I was playing 5 man, I know that 10 man gives you a lot more time and room for movement and tactics.

Thanks, much to think about

Richard

7. Tommy Gun-Nexus Guest

Tommy Gun-Nexus
    It may be against your instincts but by doing this, it will give you more chance of turning the game around, by playing controlled 'ball rather than just running down the field and giving them an easy kill (as all 4 of them probably knew where you were).

Also playing a lie down bunker when outnumbered is very hard. as you are cramped up, low to the ground.

No i dont think it would make any difference if you were playing 3, 5, 7 or 10 man. I would still do the same if i was outnumbered playing any of these.

Anyway thats what i would do dude, if you would want to go and mug the back bloke then go for it. Its just my 2ps worth..

Tom

8. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Message Count:
    Fair enough

Thanks, that's given me something to think about....

Ouch!

Richard

9. crazypbkid team driven black

crazypbkid
    Message Count:
    was he in your lane? because if he wasnt then you shoulda just slid back one rung in the snake as fast as you could and nail him while he's looking in front of you
    mike

10. Tiny(D.R) Team Captain

Tiny(D.R)
    Message Count:
    Skully:To much information i'm affraid.