Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Playing a snake on your off side?

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK, Sep 4, 2002.

1. OneEyeJack New Member

OneEyeJack
    Message Count:
    1. you need a back player before taking a snake
    2. he should tell you where and/or when to shoot
    3. you can ask him to press down your tape and allow you to pop out cross players
    4. you need patience (even 2 mins down in the snake) and then do the damage
    5. for comfort: if you are left alone in snake you don't usually know this until it's too late anyway...

Cheers!

2. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
    Message Count:
    Thanks

More to think about

Cheers

Richard

3. John C Told u So.

John C
    Message Count:
    Jack is right. You cant work a snake on your own unless you are completely unseen.

Your back player should be feeding you information aswell as locking down the tape allowing you to move up the snake.

You are in no position to shoot anyone out in a fair contest so you want to concentrate on getting down the snake so you can pop up and shoot players in the back.
    You have to be up and down quick and you wont really know where the opposition are so good cover and information from your other players is important.

A good player can win a game from the snake easily, so you are a prime target for muggers, but as they say if you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Theres a good vid of me playing the snake (on the raven field?) at campaign, it should be on the kamikazees website as soon as its encoded, ill let you know...

4. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Message Count:
    Thanks

That'd be cool

Richard

5. Tony Dead Hellfish

Tony
    Message Count:
    Richard, was this at STB?

Wasn't that one of the games where we sucked big time?

To be honest, if it's the game I'm thinking about, I got shot out pretty much straight away, and your back cover was trying to stop their mid from pinching a shot on our right side. Once the centre anchor went, we pretty much folded on one side and they were able to sweep round, which is why you were lacking cover. I seem to remember from the deadbox, that wookie was trying to stop them coming down the right tape, so he couldn't stop you getting hit.......

If you're not sure if you're the only one left, shout for a count, if you hear nothing back, assume you're either still in, or that Graham or Chef are still in ( :rolleyes: )..........

Of course I'm probably wrong, it was during one of my dizzy spells!!!!

6. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Message Count:
    Yup

That was the game, sounds like what was actually happening (thanks that helps make some sense of why I wasn't just mugged out of existence!).

Didn't really fancy yelling "Is there anybody else there!" That just tells the opposition where I am, and that I have no cover...

Thanks for all the replies, this is a great help

Richard

7. Tony Dead Hellfish

Tony
    Message Count:
    it was the field with the snake that ran the length of the field wasn't it? To be honest, to be effective on that field, you don't need to do anything in the snake, them knowing where you are will stop them piling forward.

But, we lost out right side, so you were screwed basically!!!

8. Dan 2 New Member

Dan 2
    Message Count:
    Sounds like we need to introduce a Code for "Is there anyone else there!" Handy for just such occasions... Oh and Richard check your e-mail...

9. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Message Count:
    Dan,

You may be right :eek: Yes I have checked my e-mail, and have replied, you checked yours?

Tony, yup you are right, but I still fealt in so much trouble just being in that bunker, when they are supposed to allow you to rule the field, that's why I thought I'd ask all these great people.

Thanks for the input (even Dan!)

See y'all

Richard

10. Dan 2 New Member

Dan 2
    Message Count:
    I have checked mine but my Jersey E-mail server sucks so I often have to wait for an hour for an e-mail to arrive I'll let you know when it does...