Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

playing footwear?

Discussion in 'Talking Points' started by upzii, Sep 18, 2012.

1. upzii Platinum Member

upzii
    Message Count:
    Recently i started a thread on most inportant playing gear other than marker hopper ( see the thread for
    more info) and alot if people mentioned their mask but not once in paintbal have i ever had someone recommend footwear too me. So guys and gals what do you wear for paintball? Personally woods or tourney i wear football boot (woods i wear an ankle brace too to help prevent twisting)

Thanks for reading :)

2. spangley_special www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk

spangley_special
    Message Count:
    Always preferred plastic moulded football blades for grass

3. Kevin Winter Well-Known Member

Kevin Winter
    Message Count:
    Pair of footie boots for soft grass, chunky soled walking shoes for woods.

4. tiffyman Allthingspb.com

tiffyman
    Message Count:
    It all depends what surface im playing in, Any hard ground or astro ill wear my shredders, wet grass or woods ball its football boots :)

5. Liam92 #16 Reading Entity

Liam92
    Message Count:
    i only use variations of football boots so longer metal spikes for really muddy and wet ground or in the woods and short or moulded plastic for dry firm ground.

6. rocknroll Platinum Member

rocknroll
    Message Count:
    For grass i'll use my football boots with the moulded blades and for astro i use my running cleats with black widow golf spikes

7. bruce What do u mean i missed!!

bruce
    Message Count:
    decent american football or baseball moulded cleats every time, designed to be worn for long periods and so much more comfortable than football boots, can be found in low or high designs for that extra ankle support and actually flex when kneeling, take a look at footlocker.com and do a search for cleats or moulded cleats, pick them up in the sale and they can be found cheaper than football boots inc shipping ;)

Richard (Boots), RealRT and Pebbles like this.
  8. Ricki_diego Ricki diego - Evil Twin

Ricki_diego
    Message Count:
    I use soloman trail shoes. Fully waterproof and still light and flexible for running. They have grippy blades on the bottom. I also use these for woodsball but truth be told you do need to be careful as it wont offer ankle support like boots would. but i guess I like running :D

9. Gee Tee 1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick

Gee Tee
    Message Count:
    Used to play in baseball cleats a lot back in the 90's... my last pair were made by Pony. Or Tanel 360's which were also great boots that worked well for paintball. No good on harder surfaces like wooden planking especially if wet. That can be lethal on hard cleats and had me arse over tit a few times in the past.
    http://www.tanel360.com/shop-online/footwear/men-s/baseball/rpm-lite-mid-cut-molded-cleat-men-s.html

Nowadays I wear JT high top cleats. I prefer the better support of the high tops because I only have one good ankle left and want to look after it. They are awesome woodsball boots but sadly no longer made AFAIK
    http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2854/

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    Pebbles likes this.
  10. Bradley Marsh Gee, Thanks!

Bradley Marsh
    Message Count:
    When buying 'paintball' shoes its important to consider many factors, playing surface mostly and weather conditions are the main ones.

Grass (dry) - lightweight football boots with blades
    Grass (Wet n Muddy) - Football boots with studs
    Astro / Millenniums - Soft rubber cleats with the spaces between grips no larger than the size of paintballs so they dont clog up and become redundant after 2 points.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    Ash Richardson and Ricki_diego like this.