Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

playing footwear?

UKBall

"That Guy"
Sep 5, 2013
Stockton-On-Tees
I usually wear some Nike mercurial football boots however since winter is around the corner I will probably start wearing some hiking boots.

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
I've used magnums (rubbed out two pairs) but have now switched to JT high sides with integrated cleats and can't fault them. I've always used boots with high ankle support and for that reason stayed well away from football boots.

Niloc65
AKA Colin
Split Personalities.

Reactions: Pebbles

Ninjabreadman

Aug 19, 2013
Cannock, UK
Woodsball really should always be played with Military style boots, or some ankle high tops.

Speedball - Its really all preference - Rugby boots, football boots anything that you feel you can run it.

Pebbles

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2007
Essex
I bought a pair of Diggers (back in the day!) still got them now, but i'm pretty sure the company went out of business :(
Shame really as they are a brilliant boot, remind me a bit of the old Tanels.
Definitely agree with the SealSkinz socks, can't think how we ever managed before they came about, I'm sure I nearly got a case of 'Trench Foot' once during a HCL game :giggle:

Guillem

Jul 5, 2013
football cleats are really nice to play, also you can buy paintball cleats, as you want :)

bazza

Aug 12, 2011
Great yarmouth
i tried football boots but couldn't get on with them and some places dont allow metal studs. i now use exalt trx cleats from shockwave paintball for sup air and they are excellent, light weight and flexible right out of the box, for woods i use jt cleat boots for the extra support.

Last edited:

Bondage Bunny

Matt D
Sep 18, 2013
Stafford, UK
Coming from an ex Football and Rugby player I would say that using metal studs would be a horrendous idea for woodsball. They're great in soft grass in which they can stick into however, as soon as you step on any sort of decently hard surface (step over a tree root, inside a base etc.) it can be like walking on sheet ice. The other problem with Football boots is that as they have gotten lighter and lighter they are not incredibly durable, over the years I saw a good 6 or 7 people using Nike Vapours which ripped during a Football game! So yeah I would not recommend those for Woodsball. What I would recommend is using a pair of tougher (but heavier) boots with moulded blades on the bottom, preferably rugby boots in my opinion (made to be rugged). These will give better traction across all the different surfaces you will encounter.

In terms of speedball I think any type of Football/Rugby boot will work so long as you play on grass/thick astro turf, so just look for a pair that feels best for you. Check out any decent high street sports shop and they'll have a selection.

Finally if you do get a pair of Footy/Rugby boots consider getting ankle protection or at least be aware of the surfaces you are running on and be aware of trip hazards. Twisting ankles can happen if you are not aware :)

Mar 19, 2011
I recently bought some American Football boots that have moulded studs for playing tournaments and woodsball and I would recommend them if you were looking to spend a bit of money on some sturdy boots that give you that little bit of an edge on the field