Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

playing footwear?

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
Recently i started a thread on most inportant playing gear other than marker hopper ( see the thread for
more info) and alot if people mentioned their mask but not once in paintbal have i ever had someone recommend footwear too me. So guys and gals what do you wear for paintball? Personally woods or tourney i wear football boot (woods i wear an ankle brace too to help prevent twisting)

Thanks for reading :)

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
i only use variations of football boots so longer metal spikes for really muddy and wet ground or in the woods and short or moulded plastic for dry firm ground.

bruce

What do u mean i missed!!
Mar 1, 2002
decent american football or baseball moulded cleats every time, designed to be worn for long periods and so much more comfortable than football boots, can be found in low or high designs for that extra ankle support and actually flex when kneeling, take a look at footlocker.com and do a search for cleats or moulded cleats, pick them up in the sale and they can be found cheaper than football boots inc shipping ;)

Ricki_diego

Ricki diego - Evil Twin
Jul 29, 2012
Bristol
I use soloman trail shoes. Fully waterproof and still light and flexible for running. They have grippy blades on the bottom. I also use these for woodsball but truth be told you do need to be careful as it wont offer ankle support like boots would. but i guess I like running :D

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Used to play in baseball cleats a lot back in the 90's... my last pair were made by Pony. Or Tanel 360's which were also great boots that worked well for paintball. No good on harder surfaces like wooden planking especially if wet. That can be lethal on hard cleats and had me arse over tit a few times in the past.
http://www.tanel360.com/shop-online/footwear/men-s/baseball/rpm-lite-mid-cut-molded-cleat-men-s.html

Nowadays I wear JT high top cleats. I prefer the better support of the high tops because I only have one good ankle left and want to look after it. They are awesome woodsball boots but sadly no longer made AFAIK
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2854/

Last edited:
Reactions: Pebbles

Bradley Marsh

Gee, Thanks!
Feb 12, 2009
Bournemouth
www.thefinewineshop.com
When buying 'paintball' shoes its important to consider many factors, playing surface mostly and weather conditions are the main ones.

Grass (dry) - lightweight football boots with blades
Grass (Wet n Muddy) - Football boots with studs
Astro / Millenniums - Soft rubber cleats with the spaces between grips no larger than the size of paintballs so they dont clog up and become redundant after 2 points.

Last edited: