Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Playing in cold and RAIN

RichardMacdonald

Inverness ICE
Jan 25, 2010
Inverness, Scotland
www.facebook.com
we play in the rain and cold quite alot (scotland...north) and truthfully i use a speed feed quite alot in the rain, i dont see much difference from when its dry. think about it anyway, most speed feeds these days (crown, dye) have a full cover over the balls, not much rain is going to get through them no need to use a lid as by the time the balls get in the speed feed and through the barrel theyre not going to be that wet.
and as cook$ said you dont need to cover your ports.
And obviously dont let your paint get wet, putting them through the speed feed wont do much, but leaving paint sitting in the rain for a while will.

Xander XXX

Mar 11, 2013
I played a walk on at skirmish bristol last year and it rained all day and my gun was shooting all over the place .after going back to the pits drying out the barrel and taping up the ports it shot true again but was louder but made my day a lot better because of the tape defiantly .

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
We were taping the barrels at CPPS last year when it poured for several rounds,and asked Ledz who was in our pit if it made any difference .The conclusion seemed to be if it was on nice and tight ,it interferes with air flow,though keeping it dry .So if it had some gaps or folds to let the air flowit should be all right.So I would go with someone who knows all there is to know about guns .The taping definitely cut breaks though.If you have a lid as well as speedfeed ,I,d put it back on for heavy rain or long playing. If your playing in the cold keep the gun warm in yourcar as well as the paint .Metal cools faster than paint