Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Playing in cold and RAIN

wacky

Apr 18, 2010
so.. here is the weather forecast for our sunday tournament..
http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/austria/vienna

Its gonna be messy and we want to be prepared, so we will wear rain coats under playing jersey and..

..there are some other things we are not sure about:
- should barrel ports be closed (with tape)
- we heared that spraying paintballs with water before use in rain can prevent from breaking them in barrel.. is it true?
- we are planning to use DXS Silver.. should we use Bronze? should we try to get something else?
- is it better to warm paintballs before use, or leave them at temp that they will be used?
- any other suggestions/tips/tricks/experiences?

Thanks for answers!

jacktheman2

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2007
London
www.shutterimages.co.uk
Sorry i do not have spfic answers to you questions but the link below is a tecpb video which has a few nice tips and a tricks on playing in the rain and it dose address some of your questions in part.

I hope that is some use to you.

Tom.

Ellis90

London Attrition
Nov 7, 2008
south
so.. here is the weather forecast for our sunday tournament..
http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/austria/vienna

Its gonna be messy and we want to be prepared, so we will wear rain coats under playing jersey and..

..there are some other things we are not sure about:
- should barrel ports be closed (with tape)
- we heared that spraying paintballs with water before use in rain can prevent from breaking them in barrel.. is it true?
- we are planning to use DXS Silver.. should we use Bronze? should we try to get something else?
- is it better to warm paintballs before use, or leave them at temp that they will be used?
- any other suggestions/tips/tricks/experiences?

Thanks for answers!
tape up your barrel including the porting and muzzle
also tape your speedfeed/loaders up, this will prevent rain getting in your loaders
definitely immerse your paintballs in water before putting them in pods, this will make them fly straight and break on your opponents. warming the paintballs up is an absalote must, 60 degrees Celsius is the optimum i heard someone say on the pbnation
dxs silver are the only paintballs that will work in the rain

hope this helps

Reactions: Rob silver

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Or, don't listen to obvious troll.

Don't tape your ports, try to keep water out of your loader, and don't let your paint get wet.
Paint should be fine at air temp, unless it's very cold which is when you should use a winter ball. As for Dxs bronze or silver, that I can't tell you.

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
tape up your barrel including the porting and muzzle
also tape your speedfeed/loaders up, this will prevent rain getting in your loaders
definitely immerse your paintballs in water before putting them in pods, this will make them fly straight and break on your opponents. warming the paintballs up is an absalote must, 60 degrees Celsius is the optimum i heard someone say on the pbnation
dxs silver are the only paintballs that will work in the rain

hope this helps
Or dont be a d*ck?

Or, don't listen to obvious troll.

Don't tape your ports, try to keep water out of your loader, and don't let your paint get wet.
Paint should be fine at air temp, unless it's very cold which is when you should use a winter ball. As for Dxs bronze or silver, that I can't tell you.
This

head_-_shot

UK Under 19's & London Tigers.
Oct 25, 2008
London
www.facebook.com
You can get away without taping your barrel porting ...I get lazy :eek:

the one most important thing is bin liners....for all the dirty stuff
...And spare clothes :)

Aarron.

Moo, I'm a Pig.
Jan 26, 2010
United Kingdom, Manchester
I'f you have a speed feed try and the lid back on that will help keep the paint dry while playing.
pots I'd just leave them how they are.
Paint will fire fine as long as you keep it under a patio or some form of shelter. E.g. Car,Tent.
Don't spray your paint with water!
Barrels will be fine if you dry them after each game. Squeegie FTW!

:)

wacky

Apr 18, 2010
Tnx all for replys!

so..

There was light rain almost all day, but no need for rain coats.. max 8°C

- we put lids instead of speedfeeds, one of us played with speedfeed (covered with plastic bag before games) and had no problems in game eather..
- DXS Silver paintballs were great! Almost no barrelbreaks, just one hopper break.. NO spraying on them before use!
- we did not warm paintballs in car or so, since players area was inside big hall and temp there was little higher then outside
- we did not switch pods between games to always use older paint first.. we forgot to do so, but have no problems:)
- we did not tape the barrel porting, had no problems..
- we did not tape mask top portings, since the rain was light and some raindrops from inside and outside of lens didnt bother us much.. i guess taping top mask porting might resoult in foging..
- when waiting for games, we put masks under our jersey to keep them dry as long as we could
- we used warm jackets between games, so we didnt get cold:)

so these are some tips from us that might help future rain noobs:)

PS: we won, F-yea! :p