The Home Of European Paintball

Playing in the Rain

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
So walk on Yesterday,

****ted it down.

But... does playing in the rain and having water ingress in the barrel affect the flight path?

Balls were all over the place and no matter what I did it couldn't be helped, was near impossible to hit anything.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Oh yea. Rain has a big impact. Also strong winds will affect ball flight. You can get some awesome curving shots to land behind bunkers with a good cross wind.

Reactions: Andre bellingham

Harbinger

Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
So in short heavy rain with a wet barrel will make the gun as running with an LMG hip firing on MW etc? it was just going nuts and all over the shop, looping and spiraling wherever it pleased?

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
Water in your pots... loader... barrel... on the paint.. Yes, it will cause the issues you describe. However so will just crap paint in the dry ;)

Harbinger

Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Thanks, big load of my mind, been fine in the dry with this paint and set up and first time in the wet, luckily it's never rained this year before......somehow.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Seal off your barrel with electrical tape and don't use a speedfeed. Plenty of fluffy stick action through the day.

As all blokes know, always keep your balls dry.....

Reactions: Andre bellingham

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Why is it the easy ideas are the ones you never ever think of at the time??? Tape will be packed as standard from now on.
Christ alive, i keep electrical tape in my kit for everything, it's great stuff. double it over, stick your bolts and fiddly bits to it when doing maintenance stops them rolling away. Fixes loaders, battery lids, wrap it around the feedneck to stop your loader spinning, seals up barrels, id's pods.

I've even seen markers held together by the stuff after loosing a bolt.