Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Playing on remote

Mr Big

and his big purple helmet
Jul 3, 2001
In a big shoe
www.p8ntballer.com
Why don't many people play with remote air systems any more? Surely having a remote system and putting a stock on your gun allows you to still shoot steady while keeping the strain on your arms down??

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
The official answer would be something like: Because of today's fast paced nature of the game, blahdeeblahblah.....

The proper answer is more like: Like, dude, like, you know, like remotes are sooooooo like last week's thing.
It's afashion thing! Who wants a remote, which is always the same boring colour, when you can have annodized drop forwards? :D

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
I don't think it's popular with tourney players, as there is more bulk sticking out at the back to catch a ball, and it can get in the way when they slide in - this coming from my mate who borrowed my mag & remote (maybe he's just got a large butt though!)

He also said the remote hose got in the way, but judging from the amount of mud I had to clean off it, I'm guessing he tried crawling on his back for most of the day.

:D

That said, seeing how much paint some people carry on to the field I can't see how they could descibe this as "streamlined".

How about ambishooting?

I think one of the more practical reasons is ambishooting. A lot of players now shoot with both hands and this would be very awkward with a remote setup and you might get tangled up!

Also, having a bottle in your pack would gice you a bigger profile...perhaps not a problem for the back boys but up front it really counts.

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
Outdone by the quick posters again! Buddha - your typing kung fu style is impressive . . . ;)

Yeah - have to concur with the fashion thang (shiny kit syndrome). We'll just have to wait until the "anodized jet pack" gets previewed at a major event and then everyone will want one.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Not so sure about today with all the arena type play, but I was put off using a remote when it got caught up on branches in the woods. Got taken out while trying to get free, which lost us the game & therefore the whole tournament. First and last time I ever used one.

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
The two back players on my team use remotes, mainly because they like the feel of a light gun. Personally i dislike them as it confuses the hell out of me when im trying to squeegie my gun, or just crawling along on the floor.

GoatBoy

Come to Goatboy ladies...
Sep 26, 2001
West Sussex
Visit site
Originally posted by Jones the Paint Magnet
I don't think it's popular with tourney players, as there is more bulk sticking out at the back to catch a ball, and it can get in the way when they slide in - this coming from my mate who borrowed my mag & remote (maybe he's just got a large butt though!)

He also said the remote hose got in the way, but judging from the amount of mud I had to clean off it, I'm guessing he tried crawling on his back for most of the day.

:D

That said, seeing how much paint some people carry on to the field I can't see how they could descibe this as "streamlined".
I am the afore mentioned mucky pup and have to say that this was a team training day ( my first, and very probably my last considering I SUCKED SOOOO BAD!!!!! ), but I have to say I was put off using a remote again.

First and foremost you can't put the gun down between games without unhooking everything and finding somewhere to place all your gear ( cumbersome and hard on the arms ).

It does make a nice big target hanging off your arse and makes it impossible to move around on your back ( don't ask.. ) and sliding in can be hazardous!.

Having said all that, you can get tighter head on with your opponent, without a bottle adding to your profile, and the gun is light and steady to shoot.

All in all, I can see why some like them, but most prefer to play without them. Once I stop sponging off Jones and get a marker of my own, I'll definately plum for a drop forward.