Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Please help to ID and value a very old Angel marker.

blackplasma

Jul 4, 2005
Telford
Hi Guys and girls,

I have acquired a very old Angel marker which I believe to be an "ANGEL LED", I have read that the very rare "V6" had a breech hinge on the "wrong" side but having never owned an angel I don't know what the right side is?!? as you look down the marker, the hinge is on the left with the locking pin is on the right. It appears to be numbered (roughly by a hand engraver) as number 799 but appears that this has been done prior to the blueing/anodising so this could be the 799th Angel ever produced?

It came complete with an old skool viewloader VL2000 with what appears to be a link wire to rotate the hopper motor in time with the cycle rate of the marker, was this normal?
It is fitted with a drop forward with dovetail, not sure if this was factory fitted or aftermarket, perhaps someone can confirm the brand and origin?
It comes with 2 barrels which match a catalogue picture I have seen for the V6.
I also have an oldskool Armageddon air which would fit on the drop and I think would tie in to the age of the marker quite nicely.
it appears to be missing a gauge on the front reg, I assume low pressure but does anyone know what range of psi would be an appropriate value for a replacement?

Finally, I am intending on this item to be listed for sale, and while I am a firm supporter of "an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay" I would greatly appreciate any guidance on value as I am guessing this sort of thing does not come up regularly?

Attachments

Reactions: Stan

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Looks like an LED to me.
Breach knobs are on the right when viewed from behind, hinge in the left etc.
Eclipse drop forward that has a notch taken out of the top...
The serials where put on with those little pen engravers by had so are always squiffy.
Marker 50-60 if it works and the battery has not leaked but I'd advise against trying to charge an old battery pack.

blackplasma

Jul 4, 2005
Telford
yeah looks like #799 angel LED then.
Battery has not leaked but i will probably scrap it. what gauge should be on the reg?

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
The harness etc is still useful when I make new packs for them.

Didn't see a pic of the reg but on the stainless valve a guage that can go up to 5k, in the reg one that's maybe 1500

cheyenne

Jun 9, 2009
hull
50 to 60 max battery will be no good in it now need a full strip down but its nice i all so have 1