Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PLEASE READ! Comments/questions welcomed in this thread.

ATCman

Feb 13, 2007
Hertfordshire, Borehamwood
looks like it has been a while since someone has been on this thread but maybe it is ok for me to revive it.... otherwise i will start a new, what do the mods think?

I joined this forum a good 7 years back when i was all into paintballing and i bought most of my gear on this forum. Now sadly i need to move on and i need to offload my gear to someone who can make better use of it. Though it seems a lot has changed since i was here last and there are a fair few more "hoops" to jump through to sell. I'm not criticising any the rules as i know it's all for a good reason, i just need some help with setting up a sale thread.

Currently i have only 16 posts (17 including this one) but they were made 6 or 7 years back, so i don't have the required 20 to gain access to the classifies forum. I haven't played paintball during university so that's at least 5 years, and to be honest i don't have much interest in it much longer so i cannot really contribute to the forum and i feel it will be a bit silly for me just to post for the sake of getting the required 20, which will also look suspicious i think. So i was hoping if a mod can take a look at my case and grant me access to set up a sale thread. I'm not sure what needs to be done but i can email/PM my proposed sale thread to a mod for his/her approval? Or perhaps i can speak directly with a mod just so that i show that i am a genuine seller.

What do the Mods suggest? What do i need to do to be able to sell on this forum?

Thanks guys,
Tom

ATCman

Feb 13, 2007
Hertfordshire, Borehamwood
you could purchase platinum account which will grant you access to the classifieds.
Thanks for your quick reply Bolter! I saw a similar suggestion in another post. The thing is i'm kind of out of playing paintball and i'm interested in other things, so for me to purchase an account for a forum i will unlikely visit again, seems like a waste of money for me [no offence]. The membership would be wasted on me and it sounds like it is just a "fee" for being able to sell. Is there not another way i can prove i am a genuine seller?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A few options:
Other forums, but there are rules on those too, eg on ukscenario if someone knows you well enough to vouch for you then you can sell

On Facebook there are various 'paintball stuff for sale...' pages

eBay will accept sales except for paintball guns

Gumtree can go either way - put up your asking price and you can have a more limited 'paintball customer base', but possibly more potential buyers

Michael_Peat

Aug 17, 2014
Hi. I've registered with this forum following the advice I got from LIPS. I essentially bought all my gear from them, however due to personal circumstances it's barely been used and has been stored away for the best part of 3-4 years. I was directed here as this is apparently the best/safest place to sell, however I was wondering how many posts and comments do I need to leave before I can post in the classified section? I'm not up to date with paintball news or am I looking to get back into it, hence selling my gear. Thanks for any help/advice you can offer. Kind regards, Mike.

Michael_Peat

Aug 17, 2014
Sorry, just seen the post a few above mine. If I pay for a platinum membership I understand that I can post immediately into the classified section. Obviously I don't need a year or lifetime membership, but if I bought the 1 day membership, would I still be able to respond and post in the that section even after it expires. I am happy to pay £3 for the privilege to post. It seems like this is a good forum compared to others I've seen, and I don't trust gumtree. Thanks. Mike