Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PM8 Issues

Thinman

Samurai MV Captain
Jun 6, 2008
Dunstable
Hi guys i bought a PM8 Grasshopper the other day and firstly would like to say wow what a nice looking marker! BUT i aired it up today and had some issues with it. I have not owned a proto marker before so dont know a whole load about them as of yet.
The problem i am having is the bolt doesn't go all the way back after it has been shot so it is blocking the breech and not letting the next ball in.
I have not chrono'd it yet so have no idea what the velocity is but was wondering if anyone could help?
Also when you pull the trigger singely (so not walking the trigger) the bolt only moves half way and sounds like it is low on air even though i had over 2k in my bottle:confused:
If ayone has any ideas i would love to know them otherwise i will have to try and sort it out before i train on sunday?
Cheers!

Hoodless ECI

eee-see-eye
Jun 15, 2006
Homeless.
www.eastcoastirritant.com
It may be a real obvious thing, but have you tried thoroughly reading your manual?

If yours isn't available for whatever reason here's one in digital format....i'd suggest printing it off for keeps.

Word has it that there is a typo in the PM8 manual. The LPR should be 2.5 to 3 turns out for 75psi. NOT 5 turns out, from what i can understand of your problem, i would begin by adjusting this first.

If not, i would then begin to change all of the o-rings on the bolt, just to eradicate any possibility of a problem there. (also, it's just good to throw some new ones on anyway)

If you don't feel comfortable doing any of the above, i would suggest contacting your nearest Dye/Proto dealer.

I recommend Slothball @ http://www.slothball.com (you can find all contact details on there) Also, be sure to check out the new DM9's that Slothball have available!

Best of luck.
Jack.

Thinman

Samurai MV Captain
Jun 6, 2008
Dunstable
Thank you for that mate.
I have read the manual a few times but will study it further.
I will check what the LPR is set to and adjust it accordingly and change the O-rings on the bolt and give it a try.
Fingers crossed it will fix the problem.
I will let you know the outcome.
Thanks again.

DYE Europe

dyeprecision.com/europe
Dec 7, 2006
Croydon, Surrey
Sorry to hear you have been having problems Thinman. I have forwarded your post to Ash, who heads up our technical department here. He would definately be the best person to speak to. Alternatively, he can be contacted on eurotech@dyeprecision.com or in the office on 0208 649 6330.

Before you change any o-rings on the bolt (as there may be no need), test to see if the bolt o-rings are swollen and too tight by taking the bolt apart and sliding each part onto the bolt 1 o-ring at a time. This should enable you to see if they are all good and not squeezing on the bolt too much.
If they are fine, i would imagine that the regs are set at the wrong pressure/turns.
Hope this helps,

Tommy

P.S Nice post Jack, thanks :)

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
Hi guys i bought a PM8 Grasshopper the other day and firstly would like to say wow what a nice looking marker! BUT i aired it up today and had some issues with it. I have not owned a proto marker before so dont know a whole load about them as of yet.
The problem i am having is the bolt doesn't go all the way back after it has been shot so it is blocking the breech and not letting the next ball in.
I have not chrono'd it yet so have no idea what the velocity is but was wondering if anyone could help?
Also when you pull the trigger singely (so not walking the trigger) the bolt only moves half way and sounds like it is low on air even though i had over 2k in my bottle:confused:
If ayone has any ideas i would love to know them otherwise i will have to try and sort it out before i train on sunday?
Cheers!
Hi

As Tommy said, this sounds most likely to be an issue with the regulators.

Firstly, check the bolt o-rings. Remove the bolt kit and separate it into its 4 component parts. Take the cylinder and the actual bolt piece, and slide the cylinder over the front end of the bolt, only back to front - this allows you to feel the tension of the o-ring inside the cylinder as it passes over the bolt. You should notice it moves quite smoothly. Do the same for the top-hat section of the bolt - slide it over the end of the bolt piece. You will notice that this will be a little tighter, but still quite a smooth movement. If either of these are noticeably stiff, then replace said o-ring. Now put the cylinder on the bolt piece correctly, and see if there is any major difference in the tension between the two pieces. If it is significantly tighter or if you notice a small amount of side play (the bolt can wiggle a little inside the cylinder), then you need to replace the bolt sail o-ring (this is labeled in the manual). Finally, re-lube and re-assemble the bolt kit. Holding it by the rear cap, you should be able to make the bolt piece slide forward with only a flick of the wrist, if it does not, you may need to check the o-rings again.

Next, reset both regs to their stock settings. Completely de-gas the marker, otherwise you may damage the reg seats whilst doing this.

-Hyper3 reg should be set to 3 turns - take a 3/16" allen key and wind the brass adjuster in the bottom of the Hyper3 reg all the way in (clockwise) until it stops. Then come back 3 turns (1 turn = 1 full 360* rotation) anti clockwise.

-LPR should be set to 4 turns - again, take the 3/16" allen key and wind the brass adjuster of the LPR clockwise until it stops. Then come back out 4 turns anti clockwise. The LPR is located at the front of the grip frame within the body of the gun - it is accessed through the hole in the frame just behind the Hyper3 reg

If after trying this, the marker has still not improved, then contact myself via e-mail - eurotech@dyeprecision.com for a returns reference so that you can send it here for repair.

Thanks

Ash Chaplen
DYE Europe

Thinman

Samurai MV Captain
Jun 6, 2008
Dunstable
Cheers for all your help your guys I will check the bolt today and see if any of the o rings need replacing. I have had a quick look and they all seem to be fine but will do it again.
Unfortunatly i am now out of air in my tank so will have to wait untill Sunday to do the rest!
thanks again for all your input it is much appreciated.
I wil let you know how it goes.

Thinman

Samurai MV Captain
Jun 6, 2008
Dunstable
Hay guys just to let you know i have sorted the problems i was having!
I nicked one of my mates tanks and reset and adjusted the hyper3 reg and lpr aired it up, put a hopper full of paint on it and then turned my shed orange.:D
Thanks again for all your help guys!
You are officially legends!
Cheers
Ben