Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PM8 "Misfire"

Chaos86

Starting Again :)
Aug 17, 2008
Cloud 9
Hi,

I recently purchased a PM8 second hand from a team member and I'm having problems with it. Before i fired the marker i made sure everything was cleaned and re lubed, fresh battery and my settings were ok.

After firing a hopper or so my bolt moves forward but no paintball comes out of the barrel. Also when it did fire some balls were dropping off after only 10-15 feet. I checked my settings which at the moment is set to 12BPS semi and my halo hopper is set to setting 1 which is 17BPS. I had 2.5k left in my air tank aswell. I tried firing it with my eyes off but the problem still exists. I cleaned the bolt and re lubed again and emptied another hopper but still "misfired".

I use proto paintballs with the stock 2 piece proto barrel.

Can you help me at all. Ta Dan.

Polly

SoManc!
May 30, 2006
****ehole West Yorkshire
www.myspace.com
turn your lpr all the way in. when you pull the trigger not much should happen because the lpr is too low. Turn the lpr out again whilst shooting until there is no drop off/bolt stick, should be around 2.5-3 turns out(preferably with paint but no paint would do)
then chrono
if that doesnt work try fiddling with the dwell and check all the orings? relube yet again and try another battery too
:)

A Dinnie Ken

it is what it is - GioGoi
Aug 24, 2008
Inverness, Scotland.
Mate my pmr does the exact same i dont have a clue what causes it but i sent it back to the shop and they sed it works fine but got it back and does the exact problem again:mad::mad::mad:

Proto said to me that the balls are getting stuck in the barrel apparintly..

but if any one nos what the problem is then id rather like to know :confused::D

Lee

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Mate my pmr does the exact same i dont have a clue what causes it but i sent it back to the shop and they sed it works fine but got it back and does the exact problem again:mad::mad::mad:

Proto said to me that the balls are getting stuck in the barrel apparintly..

but if any one nos what the problem is then id rather like to know :confused::D

Lee
Change your battery for a new procell (or alternative high quality PP3) and see if the problem persists.