Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

pmi bonnet bother!

nick "the shadow cat"

Illegitimi non carborundum
Jun 23, 2014
Looking at my air tank I've noticed the thread is damaged( in transit, thankfully not in my marker) I've seen a replacment part on line. It looks like just a small allen key is all i need to remove it but I'm not sure if its something i can do or weather I'm better of letting some one professionaly do it? Also if i did it my self would i need it tested? Thank you:confused:

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
You would want to make sure it's an exact replacement or make sure you get the pin valve with it because there are 2 different designs, 1 type has the pin valve o ring in the bonnet itself, the other design the o ring sits on the pin and pushes against the bonnet. Also you need to be careful you don't over tighten the grub screws that secure the bonnet, if you do it can push the side wall of the reg in which will stop it from working and knacker it. Bottle regs aren't tested anyway and if there's anything wrong with it after you've "fixed it" you'll soon know as the 1800psi burst disc will blow.

nick "the shadow cat"

Illegitimi non carborundum
Jun 23, 2014
It looks like at some point I've dropped it the top surface (the flat top right at the end of the reg) has a slope in it on one edge and there is a slight deformation to the thread. My step father tried to sort the slope out. Which he mostly has. But I'm not sure if this would cut the mustard or not?