Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PMI regulator removal

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
looking to remove the reg from my PMI 4500 tank, just wondering if its possible to do this at home or if i need to send it to you guys to get it off?

This is something i have never had to do so not too comfortable in my knowledge of these sort of things, how do i reattach the reg once i have the bottle back? (this is for taking the bottle onto a flight)

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
I would say put the reg in a vice with wood shims so not to damage the reg. Get a rubber strap wrench and secure round the tank and undo. It will depend on how hard it is to undo if pmi put loctite on the reg threads. To put the reg back on just do the same.

If your unsure or can't get it off let someone else do it that is experienced in these matters.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
The most important thing is make sure there's no air in the bottle first.

If the reg is not loctited on it is a simple matter of unscrewing it. But it's probably loctited on and that means you'll have to soften the loctite before making any attempt to remove the reg. Or send it off to get it removed.

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Hey,

You can check with the airline, a few I have used in the past did not care as long as it was not under pressure, ie filled.

Otherwise, dump the fill and wrap a rubber strap wrench around the bottle. Wrap a towel around the reg and unscrew.

The loctite, if present, is usually easily broken.

I have seen folk put a 10mm ring spanner on the fill valve to give you some extra leverage too..

Ed

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
yeah its pretty well loctited in. heard a few ways of loosening this up, but i'm assuming the hairdryer will be the best way? after that brute strength should get the job done

glenn

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2008
Stockton-on-tees
yeah its pretty well loctited in. heard a few ways of loosening this up, but i'm assuming the hairdryer will be the best way? after that brute strength should get the job done
i held it over a boiling kettle, then got bored so poured the water into a dish and put the reg in.

i wasnt to bothered about the reg tho

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
my worry about the boiling water is that since theres no pressure the fill nipple will let the water in right through the reg =\

edit: ignore, never read the 'not bothered about reg' bit