Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PMR 09 or E-tek 2?

Snowwolf

Rebellion
Oct 30, 2008
Northants
Right, have narrowed it down to these 2 markers. Read a good few reviews and had some hands on experience with both. But im still unsure!

I would appreciate any advice, opinions and past experiences!

Regards

Ben

Jul 7, 2008
Finland
1 vote for etek-2. It's a handy marker which has no similar problems like many other markers do in that price level. It's light, cool looking and shoot ropes. Air efficient too.

But in my honest opinion I would definitely go for ego8.

Why's that? Prices of used ego's has gone really down because Mighty Eclipse sell's their last stock of new ego8's out for 500£ + vat. I bought mine used for 400£ including cure2 and ccu kit. It's total robbery when you look for the prices that ego8 used to have in first quarter of this year. One "red one" was sold here for 370£ couple of days ago... It's buyers market out there right now... Go get yours.

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
used a PMR and and now shooting an etek2.

my preference is the etek2.

The PMR is reliable on alot of maintanence, lots of orings and lubing, also mine always seemed to have a leak when i owned it, but that could infact be due to the point that i propably didnt lube it enough :p. Allthough if one thing goes wrong in it like an air leak its hard to get fixed fast without changing several orings, if your new to the game it is daunting for you as it requires alot of work.

despite all theis the gun shoots fantastic when working and i beleive the new PMR will also shoot good.

The etek2 on the other hand is much more reliable with less orings and mine for a fact has never had a problem no leaks nothing. the marker can also be upgraded to the same level as an ego with star frame etc, so when you feel you need an upgrade you just need to buy the parts, great for someone who doesnt want to go bust on a brand new 700pounds marker when they can buy it in chunks.

on this note i do recomend the zick kit and cure2 as the first upgrades ;).

the etek2will also come with spectacular customer services from planet eclipse, and they will never set you wrong and are always happy to help you out. :cool:

on the other hand the etek2 is quite expensive compared to other markers on the market at its level, althoigh once you have bought the upgrades it shoots like an ego as it will practically be and ego :D, and also you wont care about the price after that lol.

i find that the etek 2 i have shoots nicer and more accurate and with a better efficiency than my pmr did, even before i upgraded it, in my opinion the etek will be a better buy with you using it longer due to the upgrades you can buy and its a fantastic marker whcih ,for me atleast, will never let you down.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
a ul'd pmr is ace....shoots great and feels great.
i would choose the pmr 09 over the etek 2

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
Right, have narrowed it down to these 2 markers. Read a good few reviews and had some hands on experience with both. But im still unsure!

I would appreciate any advice, opinions and past experiences!

Regards

Ben
I have a PM7 and a Etek2 I think it really does matter what position you are playing as I use my pm7 with a dye ultra light 14" and the balls rope but dip off at the end so wouldn't be suited for a back player. I think the Etek2 is worth that little bit more as the upgrades are not to expensive but are very beneficial.

This is just my personal preference though. Its very much what game you play, and how you feel with the guns.

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
You can upgrade the trigger tho, the etek2 stock frame will take ego06 trigger. So what I have done is bought a cp ego06 rake trigger, which has roller bearings and is extremely light, and also allows you to adjust on 4points making it a fantastic trigger.

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
You can upgrade the trigger tho, the etek2 stock frame will take ego06 trigger. So what I have done is bought a cp ego06 rake trigger, which has roller bearings and is extremely light, and also allows you to adjust on 4points making it a fantastic trigger.
And you didnt tell me about this :eek: Where will I get that and how much:D?

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
I had mine off my old ego06.

Although I do know you can purchase them off lips. Goto marker accesories then triggers and their will be the cp ego06 sling and rake trigger their for purchase ;)