Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PMR 09 v IONXE + Upgrading

RDSmith_H.T.K

Apr 22, 2009
yeah definitely agree with that James, that may be my best bet, besides that I'm starting to feel undecided as to whether for the foreseeable future I'll be speed balling.

I play semi-pro football (american football) and I suffered a severe obliteration of all my ligaments in my left knee in 06 and then this year I tore the MCL in the same knee. I enjoyed woodsball and to be fair I think it'd be better for me right now as I was exhausted after one day of it last week. can't imagine I'd cope well with speed with my current condition.

I mean I'm aware I could get a PMR and use it for the same purpose but I'd perhaps be paying outside of my immediate need and in 3 or so years when i do decide to switch to speed or start playing it there'll probably be better markers and equipment.

My friend and I are were looking at the packages for more wood/scenario ball but with us both being pretty much novices we'd like to ask in you guys opinion which of the markers featured in these packages would you go for

http://www.lpspaintball.biz/acatalog/GET_OUT_AND_PLAY_PACKS.html

I play semi-pro football (american football) and I suffered a severe obliteration of all my ligaments in my left knee in 06 and then this year I tore the MCL in the same knee. I enjoyed woodsball and to be fair I think it'd be better for me right now as I was exhausted after one day of it last week. can't imagine I'd cope well with speed with my current condition.
Actually speed ball is much less strain on the joints etc because the surface is flat.

The pace may be slower, but wading through muddy bogs, negotiating hills and trenches, streams and ditches in the woods take it out of you alot more than a five minute speedball game.

RDSmith_H.T.K

Apr 22, 2009
makes a lot of sense actually...

and that proto slg packag caught my eye bbefore,

I got two ways of looking at it I mean I could get the SLG and feel the sport out some more or go with my gut that I really wanna get into this and the3 PMR 09.

I am on a bit of a budget as I'm a student but I graduate and should start work this year.

LOL decisions decisions

ALIHISGREAT

Jan 7, 2009
if you are wary of investing too much in a woodsball/rec-ball gun, take a look at the smart parts vibe or SP-1 they operate the same as an ION but they have an anti-chop solenoid so you can stick your tongue in the breach its so soft! although they don't have eyes, the special anti chop system means they chop very very rarely.

ALIHISGREAT

Jan 7, 2009
an anti-chop solenoid?

Im pretty sure the Vibe dont chop as much due to a low force bolt and lower operating pressure? and the SP-1 uses a lower pressure in operation and has a lower rate of fire of to stop it chopping as bad.
its something to do with the solenoid that causes the low bolt force that reduces chopping...

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Of the 2, I'd personally take the PMR - better to have a quality built marker without upgrading, than a cheaper, more plasticy, marker with upgrades - if only for the re-sale value. I've not shot the 09 PMR, but have shot the 08 and the Ion, and much prefer the PMR for feel.
Personally, I'd look seriously at a 2nd hand marker. The retail price of the PMR 09 will give you any Ego or Etek except the 08 or 09, possibly an Angel A1, a PM7 or 8 and lots of other high quality markers. Even if your worried about 2nd hand quality - buy something for the £200-£250 bracket and you've still got change to send it back to the makers for a full service! Not only that, but you'll not lose much if you re-sell it later - whereas you'll lose a lot on a new marker ;)