Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PMR 09 v IONXE + Upgrading

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
PMR 09 every time.
The thing is with the ION, is that you can easily mess it up (not permanently) when putting the upgrades in yourself, such as the QEVs. Yes, it only takes a couple of quid to buy new hosing to fix, but its a pain.
In my experiance the IONs are great markers, but they always seem to mess up and start leaking.

In my opinion you're much better off just going straight with the PMR 09. I think it looks better too.
you may as well of used myn name.
LOL

side note,
dont by smart parts stuff.

JamesH

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
birmingham
dont listen to mactoshdog :rolleyes:

You buy what you want to buy mate, rememeber its your money. dont buy whats in 'fashion' buy what you like and feels good for you. ION are a piece of piss to fix as there is nothing to them.

Good luck

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
if you have the money get the PMR end of.

you may want the ion because its upgradeable, but thats what youll have to do to get it going good. look at the new PMR compared to last years, plus the specs, and youll see what i mean, the new PMR is upgraded fully for you, 2 peice barrel, ul frame with fantastic board i must add!!, hyper3 reg (same as on the PM8 last year). its ready for you.

you may also think its cool to buy an ion and upgrade it...but its the player who makes the gun, not the gun who makes the player. plus youll waste shedloads of cash.

get the PMR imo, fantastic gun off the start.

antimant

Apr 14, 2009
dont listen to mactoshdog :rolleyes:

You buy what you want to buy mate, rememeber its your money. dont buy whats in 'fashion' buy what you like and feels good for you. ION are a piece of piss to fix as there is nothing to them.

Good luck
You sir, win.

I like the Ion more than the PMR, but then again as people have said. it breaks easily.
Its your choice

LouisWiredDV

LouisHowardPaintball
Aug 12, 2008
Id have to get the pmr aswell mate the ion has a cheap feel to it and seems to lack the quality of the pmr. Its also alot faster and more advanced and is pretty much tournament ready from the start with numerous upgrades if needsbe

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
im not knocking the ion, i have one, which will finaly be fixed now that iv bother to order a hose kit (thanks LIPS) im just saying that knowing what i know now, a nice pmr or ego would have been preferable :)