Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PMR Camo but what else??

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
well good luck when you do go, but if you get the chance try out other people's markers (not the rental ones), just so you can get a feel of em and see what you like.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
that would take quite a bit of dosh aswell,

well you could get away with pads but you'll have very sore elbows and knees from slinding.
motorcrossboy, are you some sort of idiot post whore?

I would never advise anyone to go without pads, knee and elbow injuries are nasty and take ages to heal, if ever, by not using suitable pads you are risking your future health, therefore by recommending that other people go without you are risking their health.

Recently your posts seem to be advising new players when you patently know little on the subject you are posting on, you have even been corrected elsewhere.

I suggest you stick to what you know instead of speculating about advice and stop trying to increase your post count by spouting rubbish.

Don't even bother defending yourself because I am blocking your posts as you have nothing to say that I want to read.

damocarlisle, the most important thing is your goggles, they could save your life, if you are playing mostly recball then go for ones with a decent twin pane thermal lens system, its like double glazing and stops the interior misting up. A set of JTs, Proto Axis etc will see you right.

PMR is an excellent 1st marker, though I would avoid getting one from a retailer that is Just close to you, try Neil at Heaven Tel: 01959 569631 www.Heavenpaintball.co.uk or Jon at LiPS Tel: 01707 325007 http://www.lpspaintball.biz/ for a good deal on a gun that will be properly set up to rip straight out of the box.

As for air systems, I would suggest that you go for a 4500 psi 1.1 litre fiber wrapped system, HP or LP will be fine, aluminium 0.8 litre 3000psi (steelies) are a false economy as even if your local site only fills to 3000 psi you will be looking for the extra capacity (one criticism of the PMR is that it is a bit gas hungry).

Hoppers, go for a force fed hopper like the Halo B, Realoader B/B2 or Vlocity/Junior etc. Egs are old fashioned, slow and prone to breakage, again another false economy, oh and beware of the recommendations of people who are obviously desperate to sell you stuff.

Pads are a must for your own security, even in the woods there are plenty of roots and ruts to trip on and trees etc. to bash into and as I said above, knee and elbow injuries are nasty.

You'll need a pack and pots to keep your bullets in, I can recommend the NXE packs and pots are pots, go for the 140 capacity ones, then you will have to carry less on to the field.

Pants, top etc are your choice. As suggested above, you will need a squeegie/fluffy or similar to remove the paint residue from your barrel between games and if you have a broken ball, some sort of bag to keep all your kit in (doesn't have to be the latest, greatest blingtastic super Pro bag, just something to carry your kit in).

Best bit of advice I can give is don't spend your money on stuff you don't need (like 100 custom headbands) just becayse the sheep are doing it, spend it on paint and green fees and enjoy yourself.

Hope that helps.