Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pods for Strapless Harness

jim1962

May 18, 2019
I use a GI Race Harness with Dye Lock Lid Pods and the catches are starting to give way when playing .
Any suggestions on Pods that are secure or just better to switch to a strapped harness.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I use a GI Race Harness with Dye Lock Lid Pods and the catches are starting to give way when playing .
Any suggestions on Pods that are secure or just better to switch to a strapped harness.
I’m going to blame most pod problems on user error

I went to Dye locklids when everyone else was going to the newest shiney thing, and even though I stocked up on well used second hand ones (including a part melted squashed pod) they all perform perfectly well

Locklids are tight because they are fatter and ribbed, but if you put them in your pod in a way that you touch the lock while inserting/removing or while wearing then they will pop open.

The best all round pods are the standard basic Fat Boy which has been copied by everyone. If it’s a cheap and nasty copy then the lids are a faff and when brand new they may be harder to pop open until they’ve been used a few times

Look at how you are loading them in the harness, change so they all face one direction and practice removing and reinserting without holding by the lid and hitting the button

Harnesses should hold standard pods, but if stretched by lock lids over time they may not hold standard pods well anymore

jim1962

May 18, 2019
I will try what you suggested with the pods and how the catches on the pods are positioned in the belt .