Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Polish open and how to transport your marker on a plane

markh

Shockwave III
Aug 6, 2001
Bristol
www.katzpaintballteam.co.uk
Polish open and Q:how do you transport your marker on a plane ?

Good luck to all the teams going to the Polish open next weekend. Katz will be there, hopefully we will get into the finals...

Anybody got any experience of carrying a marker onto a plane ?

I know I should degas it and open the bottle so the customs people can see inside if they wish, but can I simply carry the marker (I'm not using the gun word here) onto the plane in hand luggage ? I dont want to lose/bend my lovely Angel by putting it in my suitcase. I also dont want to start an alert at heathrow.

Manuel MAG

-POSSIBLE PAINT INFRONT-
Sep 6, 2001
on top of your mom
i've heard you have to disassamble the HP-system too. think it would be the best to say that you carrie such a marker

but plz could you post the webaddy of the polish open !

thx anyway!

darm

Coach- Taunton Snatch Uk
Jul 6, 2001
Devon (UK)
www.facebook.com
Phone the airpoprt a couple of days before you fly and warn them that you will be carrying a paintball marker other than that if you need more info give planet a call I am sure they would be more than happy to discuss travelling with kit with you.
darm:)

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
When we went to Toulouse and Denmark we opened up bottle so couldn't be gassed (either taking out valve or opening on/off) then told check in staff about markers while showing them a PGI.

For Denmark they asked us to take to outsized luggage and go throught the scanner there, we then had to unpack the markers but they were cool. For toulouse they didn't even want it opened.

However, I know a few people who didn't even declare them and they had now trouble, worst was they opened the case before loading it but didn't break anything.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Transporting your marker on a plane

Don't even dream about hand luggage
bottle off valve out if you can, barrel off, wrap the marker in something thick and padded pack it in your suitcase together with a paintball mag ( so if the customs/security go through your bag..they will do it in front of you, they see that first so you can say look at page # there is my MARKER !! )

MOST IMPORTANT if you read the prohibited list it says that if you have something that "resembles" (looks like) a gun you must inform the check-in staff
Declare everthing. I have told airport staff and still got stopped later (only cos they didn't ask security) it may take a little longer to get to the duty free, well cheaper booze section but it is worth the wait for the **** you could get later if you try to be clever.

Mark
UK Cougars

Big Ian

Jul 8, 2001
Robin Hood Country
Visit site
Tell the check in staff that you are transporting a paintball marker. All that they willl ask, is if it has been de-gassed, including bottle. They will then get you through the normal channels. They do not normally ask you to remove the valve from your air tank.

If you do not declare it, you get armed police, strip searched, and all sorts of weird stuff. What ever takes your fancy!!!:D

The Big One

Giles

Jul 17, 2001
Buckingham Palace
Visit site
From experience

No problem, as all have allreadysaid,
I allways take the bottle from the gun have it degassed completely and leave the bottle open the biggest worry for the transporter is the altitude and pressure that can build up in the tank whilst in the air
Now I allways pack the marker in my suitcase in the middle of alll the clothes I play in so its safe, I allways travel with a stiff suitcase as well so as it gets knocked its not a problem, also cover yourself and gun with decent insurance in case the bag goes missing or your beloved gun gets stolen
I have made around 50 trips abroad to date and have only experienced problems once with Air France
Allways explain in a friendly and controlled manner even if they throw a wobbly, ask for the supervisor and explain that you or friends have travelled on many an occasion with these markers and that it is a renonwned sport

See you in poland, please come over and say hello, I have a great story of walking on the plane with marker tank and barrels in hand luggage, trry talking that one through the scanner

Giles-Shockwave