Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pop quiz for Millennium/NPPL judges

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
As for it beíng the marshall's duty, that is wrong. We can't see everything. It is the player's responsibility to call her/himself out when known to be hit or to call for a paintcheck under the circumstances described above. That's the way the rules are written and rightly so.
In this case there is not a question whether the guy has been shot, just who went first, that is the marshalls decision.
Also you can`t expect a marshall to see everything but a mugging needs to be seen and a decision made, if he does go in behind a bunker he loses the initiative, if he has been shot before or its too close and both players are gone you pull the player and wipe the guy he shot afterwards.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
What about players walking around with gassed markers, with loaders containing paint, but having the barrels removed? Does this violate any rule in the Millenium series (or NPPL)?

I'm only asking because Dynasty were wandering around Campaign Cup with their markers in such fashion, and they didn't seem to understand the safety implications.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
What about players walking around with gassed markers, with loaders containing paint, but having the barrels removed? Does this violate any rule in the Millenium series (or NPPL)?

I'm only asking because Dynasty were wandering around Campaign Cup with their markers in such fashion, and they didn't seem to understand the safety implications.
I tend to like to have all the rules spelled out so that I can point at them and say, "Look, there's the rule." In this case, what is the spirit of the rules? It is safety. Therefore I would tell the players, I don't care who it is, "Guys, please take the hopper off. That just isn't safe and, at the very least, it doesn't look safe." If they just laughed or made some comment about the air not being turned on, I would go to the ultimate and hope to be backed up. Safety is number 1. Period end of discussion.

Steve

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Here's another one:

A team plays in a 5-player semi-final and realize they can get into the finals if they just manage to grab the center flag.

A player makes a daring move to a bunker 2 meters away from the center flag. With 30 seconds left he makes his run for the flag without his marker (in order to lighten his load) and manages to get back into his bunker unhit with flag in hand.

What next?:confused:

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Re: Here we go.......

Originally posted by Wadidiz
4. I would tell the player to make the flag more visible.
Whats more visible than having it strapped to your head? :D

As long as it is not concealed leave him be.

Originally posted by WeeDave
Well a member of Escarmouche hit his angel off by mistake and as he was turning it back on the ref pulled him for fiddling with his marker....
With a electronic gun you HAVE to ask the judge before pushing any of the buttons. At least in the NPPL rules anyway that I read up on for the WC. It would be a sensible rule for the millennium series also, although to be honest gun cheats are going to achieve the same results less obviously.

manike

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I tend to like to have all the rules spelled out so that I can point at them and say, "Look, there's the rule." In this case, what is the spirit of the rules? It is safety. Therefore I would tell the players, I don't care who it is, "Guys, please take the hopper off. That just isn't safe and, at the very least, it doesn't look safe." If they just laughed or made some comment about the air not being turned on, I would go to the ultimate and hope to be backed up. Safety is number 1. Period end of discussion.
Even with the hopper it is not safe, most guns can keep a ball in the breech ready to fire with no hopper and even when held upside down. Some guns can keep several balls in them.

Bagging it is the only safe thing, and something which I am happy to see very stringently enforced.

manike

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
A team plays in a 5-player semi-final and realize they can get into the finals if they just manage to grab the center flag.

A player makes a daring move to a bunker 2 meters away from the center flag. With 30 seconds left he makes his run for the flag without his marker (in order to lighten his load) and manages to get back into his bunker unhit with flag in hand.

What next?:confused:
Eliminate him. :)

The bloody idiot forgot to take his gun with him and can't leave it by more than 5 feet. I told Brad not to leave his gun but he did it anyway.

Good job that flag grab didn't cost us the place to the semi finals or he would have been kicking himself even more :D

So yeah he got the Ironmen's flag without being shot, but he had already eliminated himself by the time he got there ;)

manike

p.s. Say hi to Brad for me on which ever Swedish board you got that from :D

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by manike

Eliminate him. :)

The bloody idiot forgot to take his gun with him and can't leave it by more than 5 feet. I told Brad not to leave his gun but he did it anyway.

Good job that flag grab didn't cost us the place to the semi finals or he would have been kicking himself even more :D

So yeah he got the Ironmen's flag without being shot, but he had already eliminated himself by the time he got there ;)

manike

p.s. Say hi to Brad for me on which ever Swedish board you got that from :D
Good one! It'll take a while for Brad to live that one down. Interesting that the marshalls were on top of things in that case.

Here's another with some similarity:

A game is about to start, the start warning has not been announced and a player is not able to get her marker in working order to pass a chrono inspection. She hands her marker to a marshall and says, "I choose to play without a marker."

What next?

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Right. Here's another one:

A player is eliminated and walks off the field. He drops off a couple of tubes of paint next to the bunker of a team-mate on the way off.

Whaddup?