Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Popularizing paintball

rotorhead

Nov 13, 2002
Denver
Visit site
It sunk in that last time KO we are currently talking to every business here in Colorado about sponsorship, I will put "ANY" logo on my banner if they give me $5 to help cover my obnoxious consumption of paint!! :eek: The last MSTS had prizes donated from Soundtrack (5-50" HDTV's), so we are working on that here in the mountains . . . the more the better I say! Also at the last MSTS event there was a realtor that would help sponsor your team if you bought a house from them, that was cool, too bad I am not in the market yet!!!

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Great thinking KO. If you go to a big horsey event you find stands and posters for cars (usually offroaders but not always), local businesses, credit cards & banks etc, clothing OTHER than riding kit, drinks & food not just to cater for the day but to promote & sell e.g. new brand of OJ etc., computers, Estate Agents (realtors for our US friends) etc etc etc. OK, all these things are needed by horse riders, but they aren't stuff that's directly related to the sport (you get those trade stands as well, of course) just stuff people need.

So look at some of these things from a paintball point of view now. Displaying cars showing how many cases of paint you can fit in the boot. Special credit deals so you can get that nice new shiney marker this year instead of waiting 'till next. Energy drinks to keep you going all day. New computer with the latest software for programming your IR3 thrown in for free.

It's no use asking companies "pay us lots of money & we'll put up a banner with your name on". You have to persuade them that 'ballers are a viable market for them, & then offer them the opportunity to sell to players while they're in an excitable state of mind i.e. at a tourney.

There must be SOME people who work in marketing playing tourneys - they should be coming up with this kind of ideas.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I think Credit Card sponsorship would be great match up.

Just take Mr Visa around the trade stands and go "There'smoney in this I tell ya'"

Although might be slightly irresponsible knowing paintballers :D

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Originally posted by Liz
Great thinking KO. If you go to a big horsey event you find stands and posters for cars (usually offroaders but not always), local businesses, credit cards & banks etc, clothing OTHER than riding kit, drinks & food not just to cater for the day but to promote & sell e.g. new brand of OJ etc., computers, Estate Agents (realtors for our US friends) etc etc etc. OK, all these things are needed by horse riders, but they aren't stuff that's directly related to the sport (you get those trade stands as well, of course) just stuff people need.

So look at some of these things from a paintball point of view now. Displaying cars showing how many cases of paint you can fit in the boot. Special credit deals so you can get that nice new shiney marker this year instead of waiting 'till next. Energy drinks to keep you going all day. New computer with the latest software for programming your IR3 thrown in for free.

It's no use asking companies "pay us lots of money & we'll put up a banner with your name on". You have to persuade them that 'ballers are a viable market for them, & then offer them the opportunity to sell to players while they're in an excitable state of mind i.e. at a tourney.

There must be SOME people who work in marketing playing tourneys - they should be coming up with this kind of ideas.

Little scenario:

Paintball person: do you want to sponsor my event?
Me as car sales person: paintball? That's for war mongers and sociopaths.. yep, I'll do it. How many people at the event?
PP: 1,000 or so.
Me. Mmmm. How old are they?
PP: Average age 17.
Me: MMMM. Are they all rich kids?
PP no, a cross section, but most of em ain't flush.
Me: Is there any media coverage?
PP: no. Fuk all really.
Me:Get out of my office with your foul language.

So, PP goes to a credit card company...

PP: do you want to.........

I read all the ideals week in week out, TV, X-Ball, Franchises, sport, Olympics.... christ can we not all come down to reality city and look at the real problems, cos while we're focusing on dreamland we ain't got a ****in hope in hell.

rotorhead

Nov 13, 2002
Denver
Visit site
Ok, well to shoot down the "go ask for a bunch of money and get turned down cause you are a warmongering sociopath" scenario, my Bank is going to pitch in $100/tourney for my team next year . . . the only stipulation is that we mention the sponsorship if we win, and put the logo on our banner . . . Just for the record I didn't walk in saying that I wanted x amnt of $$, I was polite, asked if they would be interested in sponsoring my team, explained a little about the sport etc and they told me they would get back to me. Today I got a call from the Bank Manager and that is what he offered me! Just gotta ask cause the worst that could happen is they could say no and that is where you started! I am thinking about going to Hooters and asking if would give a team discount for us if we went there after every tourney to eat (girls are hottie's) cause every little bit helps ya know.