Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Portugal Nations X-Ball Question?? Maggot??

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
from reading this whole thing i have come to these conclusions and have these questions:

1) everyone is grasping at straws about what is going on - nothing has been finalised

Q - why not? finalise something and don't change it. it may piss off people but that is politics and this is paintball politics.

2) we don't know who chooses the teams - it keeps changing

q - why has it not been defined?

3) when will these desisions be made

q - how many teams do each squad have to be formed from?

q - why is it only magred knows what is partially going on, where are the millennium organisers.

q - why is nick truter? the xball commisioner (according to the mega web site)

maybe if these get answered we (the players) may know what is going on

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
Eh - Richard

Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
Maybe I misunderstand your post..... but in case I do not:

Magued is one of the six Millennium promoters and runs the Joy Masters.

In here he speaks for the Millennium Series, when Niall does not.

So - when he posts the questions he has, it's to get us the players to give him input BEFORE making a descision.

Nick

P.S.: Magued (Niall and others) - maybe you should come up with a signature in here, that specifies you speak for the Series ?
i understand that he is a promoter but it seems that they it seems that he is sometime speaking as a player, sometimes as a team owner/manager and sometimes as a promoter.
ti seems to me that sometimes it is hard to determine who he is talking onbehalf of.

the millinnium sig would be the best idea as it may lead to a unified voice (if only slightly;) )

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I think perhaps they should have a "millennium" user ID.

All posts under that ID are "official" and all under their personal ones are their thoughts/feelings on a subject, but nothing is finalised until the official ID posts it.

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
nick

no apologies required.

i was my mistake, i have been working all day and probable missed some lines - mainly those asking for ideas.

with the millennium id idea it would be good as magred's questions asking for ideas are getting personal views and replies, which the other organisers will read. but for any official replies there should be a millennium id as it is not the hypothetical (ie asking for ideas and thoughts) but give the official unified response.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Hmm Beaker

So - if Niall or Magued posts something under their personal ID, it just doesn't count ?

Honestly I think it would be hard to make that distinction !

Imagine Niall saying something, and then later saying "it didn't count, I didn't use my Millennium ID" !

The best thing for them to do was simply not to post under their real names, unless they spoke for their events/Series.

If they then wanted to post as "regular little people" :rolleyes: , they could just do the "TJ Lambini thing" !

Nick
I'm not saying it "doesn't count" in that it will still have the weight of their position, it's just in cases such as this where there is a firm decision to be communicated, we would know whats what.

I'd only say there would be like 3 or 4 announcements for series info then say 1 per event giving details.
I'm not saying they would need to use it often, only "big stuff" like this.

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
Tha TJ Lambini thang

What, be a witty, urabane, gorgeous uber-baller? Dude, you KNOW neither of em could manage that...:cool:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by upsupball
from reading this whole thing i have come to these conclusions and have these questions:

1) everyone is grasping at straws about what is going on - nothing has been finalised

Q - why not? finalise something and don't change it. it may piss off people but that is politics and this is paintball politics.

2) we don't know who chooses the teams - it keeps changing

q - why has it not been defined?

3) when will these desisions be made

q - how many teams do each squad have to be formed from?

q - why is it only magred knows what is partially going on, where are the millennium organisers.

q - why is nick truter? the xball commisioner (according to the mega web site)

maybe if these get answered we (the players) may know what is going on

Rich, I don't think we, well not me at least, are grasping at straws.
All I am trying to do is to reconcile some of the stuff I had previously been told with what is happening now.
There has been a lot go on that both Magued and I are well aware of, that has not been posted up here for various reasons that underpins recent events and statements.
The reason that it is being aired on this forum is quite simple, it affects people who post here and has implications that reach much further than any personal concerns I might have.
The integrity of the board is now being bought into question on many levels and the innocent members on that board will do well to distance themselves.
I know full well who is to blame for this mess, and it's not just one mess, it is one f##k up heaped onto another with self-interest and greed, fuelling the decision making process.

As for Nick being commissioner, well that's news to me and I suspect news to Nick also but stranger things have happened. I know he was asked but I wasn't aware he was going to accept, I will call him later today to get clarification.

Robbo

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Pete !

I think we ALL would like to know what exactly it is you "suspect" Nick off ??
(dude - you should know better than to post prior to having your morning coffee !)
:D :cool:
Nick (not the suspect one !))
Nick, I don't suspect Nick of anything !!!!!!!!!
I have just re read my post and amended it because it had some words missing and reads correctly now...sorry :(
Shoulda drank my tea first :)
Pete

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Spoil sport !

It was much funnier the other way around !
That little "news to" made all the difference !
Maybe it was subconcious Pete ? - go on.... tell us what you suspect our favourite ginger afro of ?
Pleaseeeeeee !
Nick
:D :D :D :D
Nick, the only thing I would ever suspect Nick Truter of, is being one of the most loyal members of Nexus there could be....and I am sure he would be the first to admit, he is as guilty as hell !!! :)

Pete