Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Portugal Nations X-Ball Question?? Maggot??

eurotrash

Aug 8, 2001
SF, Calif.
Visit site
Eurotrash

Originally posted by Magued
I know some people is a bit confused right now. But I think most players are just waiting for this to be done and then go with it.
Sure Belgium might be before Germany, but we also look at the possibility for nations to put a x-ball team up for every event. Can be hard for Belgium. Stuff like that. Thats what I mean with its not 100% fair.
It have to be workable. The other way to do it is like Pittsburgh.
Here are the invited teams and here are the people we want to run the teams. No talk and noone said anything about ranking or fairness etc. Our problem is that we are actuelly trying to answer stuff, get some input and listen to some voices and from there form Nations x-ball.
Peeeeeeeeeeeerfect! Magged this post just makes perfect SENSE! See....it is not so hard;) I am just sorry that YOU have to do take all this ****.
So now we have US, France, Russia, UK, Danemark, Sweden, Norway, and whoelse as 8th?

Once you got the teams you can wonder how you are going to run that baby.

Its easy to be negative and point out faults. Its much harder to be productive. But in the end you will all see the light

Magued
;)

I know, but to quote my Mentor Manike, "life's not always fair"...pffffffffffffffwwwwwwwwwwwaahaahaahaahahaah
:p

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Re: Re: Re: Clarification.

Originally posted by eurotrash
And your point is ????? Germany should or shouldn't be included into EXL?

Please, Manike, spare me the "life is not fair line"....WAJ
On the basis that the only German Pro team where given free entry to toulouse as part of a competion...... Then No they shouldn't.

On the basis that they participated in Nations Cup and have some influential industry people and host a Millennium leg - Yes they should.

It's the Millennium board decision, not ours.

Sharky

Feb 14, 2003
Portugal
Visit site
Portugal on X-Ball

Eurotrash,

I will give you some idea of why Portugal should be represented in X-Ball, no order do:

- 5th and 6th on last Nations Cups
- Present in the X-Ball Pittsburgh
- Highest ranked team was.... Centerflag Europe.... a dear portuguese team with an american sponsor!
- Each and every Millennium Event Organizer should have their own Nations present in their own event

You dont expect the Organizers to promote to the public a tournament where the home Nation is not present, do you!?
And that´s what we are doing here!!! Promoting X-Ball in Europe!!! Marketing lesson everyone!!!

Diogo,

Portugal Team Captain

eurotrash

Aug 8, 2001
SF, Calif.
Visit site
Diogo

I did not mean to tell the mil board who should or shouldn't play. All I wanted was some explanations. Magged and you came up with some. Points taken.

It's all cool. You guys have a strong team and I wish you good luck.

I'll see you in barcelona:cool: :D :D :D

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Portugal on X-Ball

Originally posted by Sharky
- Each and every Millennium Event Organizer should have their own Nations present in their own event

You dont expect the Organizers to promote to the public a tournament where the home Nation is not present, do you!?
And that´s what we are doing here!!! Promoting X-Ball in Europe!!! Marketing lesson everyone!!!

Diogo,

Portugal Team Captain
Hooray! We get to have a Dutch x-ball team too! Wow, finally my big shot at fame, glory, cash, and women!
Promoting x-ball in Europe, while in theory that's the way it should be, I can't help but feel that the whole thing at this moment is just a sideshow to the Millennium Series. It's not run integrally, but afterwards, meaning that if another computer explodes and the schedules run late, it'll be played in the dark. Now I know that the rules say that the organisers have to provide a field with floodlights, but still. The only people I expect to stick around and watch it, are a bunch of die-hard paintballers.
This is no attack on you Diogo, I just fear that x-ball is not really being promoted, but it just gets added on, for the simple reason it seems to be a must have at a tourney, in the same way a big event should have dancing girls and Angel heaven.

Sharky

Feb 14, 2003
Portugal
Visit site
X-Ball

Buddha,

None taken. As for the promoting issue the only thing that we can do, as players, is to see what will be happenning this year.
In the end we can make our statements and critics. I think the promoters at least need the opportunity to show what they will be doing to X-Ball in Europe

P.S - I´m not a disguised Millennium Promoter, believe me...:D

Diogo

Sharky

Feb 14, 2003
Portugal
Visit site
Then you should have a Nations Squad present. As long as you could attend every other Millennium Event with the Nation Squad.

P.S - what will you be giving us this year? We are marshalling so we need to cool off!!!! :D

Diogo

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Once again let me reiterate that I am not writing here anything official on behalf of Millennium. These are opinions I would have even if I wasn't part of the organization.

Dissatisfaction with the Millennium board has clearly been registered and ventilated here, repeatedly. Maybe even some articles in PGI are forthcoming. Everyone that is interested has read and considered what Pete, Nick and others didn't like.

Now why can't we move on? Is it serving anyone's interest to keep repeating the disgruntalment?

Magued, I and others are genuinely interested in honest, CONSTRUCTIVE, future-oriented feedback and ideas concerning the way we do things. When Magued writes that the final decisions may not be fair, he means that it is certain that some teams/people are not going to like it or think it is fair. It does not mean that we aren't going to make every effort to be as fair as realistically possible.

The main thing I want to say here is: let's everybody chill. From what I can see all the people involved in these discussions both have legitimate interests and are genuinely interested in what's best for paintball. The people involved in these discussions who know me or have met me know how much I sincerely respect them.

So here's the crux:

Is it good for European PB for Millennium to continue to improve as an organization? You bet. I'm sure all well-founded criticism has been taken to heart.

Is it good for some people who have given their hearts and souls to this sport, and have set world standards that are now being emulated, to repeatedly have their noses ground into the ****? You know the answer...

Steve