Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Posible changes for 2012

Whitaker101

Jan 24, 2010
After speaking to many people and listening to sugestions we are looking at puttin into place some changes for 2012 .

One of the wishes was for adding an endgame to F5.
The preposal would be to add a flag in the middle and in the last minute of the game no more respawn , The team would get extra points if they moved the flag forward and planted it it on the other teams 10 yard line.
This would also add the excitement of a final push at the end of the game also maybe some 2 on 2s and 1 on 1s.
Intresting idea but not sure one minute is long enough. I think its highly likely that when that one minute starts at least 2 people on each team will be watching that flag and unless there taken out no ones going to have a chance of getting to it and then up towards the opponents side without them looking like a they've had a bucket of paint thrown over them, especially in just one minute. :p
Also I dont usually spot when its the last 60 seconds, youd probally want to warn players on the field that the game concept has changed which most likely means tinkering with your scoreboard, again... :tsk:

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
John has employed marshalls but they do not always turn up fella and those of us that do help out do so to help the format!
Sorry if we are not to your liking?:p
W:)
Yeah i understand compleatly mate, reffing as a job sucks in general and i wouldnt like to do it, Not meaning to tread on anyones toes and i dont have anybody particular in mind but the reffing standard pretty much sucked in my eyes last event...

Reactions: wiggles01

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
The score board would need no tinkering at all just maybe a police light and siren would be good enough.Also if let's say you lose 4 players with say 6 seconds to end game then those players will not be able to get of the field in time for the resurrected players to get on so maybe those players can leave by the side lines back to the start gate and the coach can talk to the pit Marshall to release the player on to the field at end game start. Arm bands pulled from all remaining players and those as they get knocked out in end game and this would make for a quick turn around for the next game.

Also this formats selling point was always about the field time so maybe this end game should come at the end as an extra.

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
stand the the coke cans at the back line up so people can actually make it out past this line, lay downs are the worst things to try and move from..and get a decent standard of reffs rather than asking team members not playing that game to marshall :S

We attempted to keep all of our marshalls impartial and fair. All of our 5 Marshalls for the May 2011 event were dedicated Marshalls and none of them played that event:

Alex (Used to play for the Hawks, but is no longer affliated with any team. Alex marshalled all day and did NOT play at all)
Muzzy (Muzzy is currently not playing any paintball due to injury, and so only marshalled all day)
Ben Cashmore (is not currently playing for any paintball team, and is a permanent Formula5 Marshall)
Myself (I was obviously not playing, but marshalling every games to ensure that all of the players were treated fairly all day)
Rowan (Rowan normally plays for Storm, but on this occasion decided to marshall all day and not play. I'm sure anyone who has met him can vouch for his fairness!)

There was also a 6th marshall (Kev Wells) who played for Storm and helped out on some games but he was above and beyond the 5 marshalls already on the field.

We try to keep the marshalls as impartial as possible, however marshalls need to have played and have a good knowledge of paintball. Therefore it would be impossible to get marshalls who don't play or have never played for a paintball team.

There will always be hits that are missed by marshalls, just like refs missing dives in Football. The marshalls are only Human!

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Hey

John boy do a trial event again to try out format changes so folk can see how it plays.

You could always do a limited number of respawns, like in BF2. Looking at the stats.......... the average is getting up to 30 ish so why not cap at 30 respawns then you can clear the field and win outright. All remaining game time gets added to your buzzer etc.

The only thing with that would be that you could not longer guarantee 15 mins of gun time.

I ref for the sheer hope that John does another rolly polly into a t bag :)

See you there when I can afford it.

Ed

Reactions: Bolter

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
Erm & a 7th judge who reffed for free after twisting his knee meaning he could not play anymore. Even though as a result I had to take 3 days off work (again unpaid) & then on Wednesday evening when I could walk again returned with Wiggles, Jon Bon, Gimp, John Sosta & Jackie Sosta to the site to help take down the barricades... but you crack on knocking the reffing.

mertlesnertz

Mar 9, 2009
I think keep it exactly as it is it works and its fun to play why mess with it.

The field was great in fact best so far with the snake being much easier to get into and some great play form it , the lay down cans at the back have been the same all season why say they are not right now i found it easy enough to move out from them.

At one point in the game i was furious about the judge pulling me out and giving the buzzer to the other team, When i got back to the pits i saw the hit he pulled me on was a hit from the previous time i was out that i had not cleaned off.
The judge must have seen the hit before i hit the buzzer so he was spot on its my fault i didn't clean the hit off.

In fact when watching games i saw several players pulled for the same thing its not the judges responsibility to clean you its yours so don't do as did and bitch if the judge pulls you one for one for a hit you did not clean off.
They are there to pull you for hits and have a hard enough job working out a genuine hit from bunker rub and so on end of the day i was wrong and the judge was right on that occasion , as a previous person said they are only human.

Reactions: Kevin

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
Bunker rub is a big problem even thou I saw the marshals cleaning between games. Great effort on there part. Maybe more marshals are required.

Reactions: Kevin

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
Bunker Rub continues to be a problem not just at F5 but at every tourney , picture this If the organisers were to thorughly clean down bunkers between every game and would say take 15 mins if we have 10 teams per field all paying 4 games each thats 20 games on 1 field.
15 x 20 = 300 minutes = 5 hours cleaning bunkers that would drasticaly set the day back and also make masive gaps between games which would annoy the teams . Not to mention in ceratin months there is just about enough light to play all the games anyway.
To top it off we have seen as donk describes players shooting the bumker they are runing into then rubbing thier loader into the bunker to get paint on it to hide any potential hits.
So you can see at first glance it looks to players like yeah just clean bunkers throughly.
But when yoy take everything into account its not that easy as we are trying in this format to give everyone lots of playing time and value for money.
We have looked at putting stuff in place to address the the bunker rub issue but not everyone would like it .
If any of you have any sugestion i would gladly like to start a thread and disscuss it and if a suitable solution is found to implement it.
This has been raised before but so far a solution has not been found. Any input is welcomed by John

mertlesnertz

Mar 9, 2009
I agree with donk i have seen players shooting the bunker on the way in and then rubbing the loader in it , No matter how many judges you have it wont make any difference , also the more judges you have the more they are going to get in the way.
Its very frustrating trying to shoot a guy and a judge is trying to do his job and gets in your way if you double the judges you double the chance of that happening , anyway with 6 six judges on the field thats a ratio of 1 judge per 1.6 players thats not a bad ratio.
As John says in donks post there are things that could be done but the players would not like it , things like calling everyone out who had more that a certain amount of paint on them or the loader.
Another way would be to get teams to bring 2 different color fills and make sure teams playing each other used different color fills , but it would be a complicated thing to do and may not be popular with teams.
On another note most of the time when i had rub the judge got it right , And any whinging or 1 for 1s i saw was because players had not cleaned themselves, Thats easy to cure just dont go onto the field with old hits and the judges cant call you out or 1 for 1 you its very simple im suprised people call that bad Judging I call it blaming the judge for bad play.

Reactions: Bolter and madness