Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Posible changes for 2012

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
After speaking to many people and listening to sugestions we are looking at puttin into place some changes for 2012 .

One of the wishes was for adding an endgame to F5.
The preposal would be to add a flag in the middle and in the last minute of the game no more respawn , The team would get extra points if they moved the flag forward and planted it it on the other teams 10 yard line.
This would also add the excitement of a final push at the end of the game also maybe some 2 on 2s and 1 on 1s.
We are open to sugestions so please put any ideas on here they must be easy to implement and unless a very very good idea should not involve further electronics and should also be easy for the teams to understand and judges to judge.

maca

Gorrilaz
Sep 1, 2009
stratford london
That sounds great John, but if a team was shot out in the last minute would the other team win outright evan if the team that lost had dominated buzzer time and kills through out the rest of the game
Or would they get some sort of bonus points.

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
stand the the coke cans at the back line up so people can actually make it out past this line, lay downs are the worst things to try and move from..and get a decent standard of reffs rather than asking team members not playing that game to marshall :S

Duncan Berry

London Tigers 2
May 27, 2008
Cambridge
not sure about the flag idea, but the idea of of no respawns towards the end of the game could total transform the tactics of play.

haing said that i have never played F5 so im not really in a place to pass comment:D

maca

Gorrilaz
Sep 1, 2009
stratford london
not sure about the flag idea, but the idea of of no respawns towards the end of the game could total transform the tactics of play.

haing said that i have never played F5 so im not really in a place to pass comment:D
Why not mate?
Get a team down to the next one, or pop down and guest for someone, theres usually a couple of teams needing an extra player or two.
You wont regret it:)

wiggles01

Old and broken
Jun 3, 2010
Colchester
www.externalwallservices.co.uk
stand the the coke cans at the back line up so people can actually make it out past this line, lay downs are the worst things to try and move from..and get a decent standard of reffs rather than asking team members not playing that game to marshall :S
John has employed marshalls but they do not always turn up fella and those of us that do help out do so to help the format!
Sorry if we are not to your liking?:p
W:)

secret-squirrel

London Tigers
Nov 1, 2010
Herts
having said that i have never played F5 so im not really in a place to pass comment:D
I've played it a couple of times mate and it's deffinately worth giving a go. It's serious but with the added bonus of being fun because it don't really matter if you get shot out as your team mate takes your place and you get to come back on when someone else dies ;0)

I don't really like the idea of a flag tbh, I changes the objective of the game when it's already on play.

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
Count down clocks are avoid idea and as for flags for the last minute or maybe two like to try that. I'm thinking some sort of bonus points so could change the game or more like points so would help with overall points total at the end of the game. Or separate challenge for say a prize or reduced entry (thats something that just came to me as I was typing. Not sure about that idea).I also think that the burn down timer sound and the end game sound should be a little different. Alot of players carry on playing at the end and can cause a little confrontation between players/teams. As for the marshals John has had trouble getting people to turn up after they have committed themselves to do it. I don't know why but the people that John has asked to help have done there best sometimes even a little harder on there mates than the rest of use. I do understand people wanting dedicated marshals but remember this format is more self regulating than the major tournaments and as this format grows then maybe this will change. But for the moment let's all be gentlemen winning is only worthwhile if it's earned.and not cheated too. I'm not pointing the finger I'm just offering my opinion.
Thanks
Dave wright.