Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Posible changes for 2012

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
When you play a format that has respawn it is the responsibility of the players to get cleaned down you can't blaim a Marshall for that and if players think that they've had a bad call it goes both ways and its only 1 point. Not a big impact on the game.

Jacko

On the prowl again
Sep 16, 2005
cambridge
www.worldatwarpaintball.com
Perhaps if people weren't shooting 15bps "and some even more than 15:eek:" the reffs would be more inclined to get a little closer to the action;) this is not a dig at the reffs by the way!

All so the cans do need standing up on the back line, coz there is nothing worse than being pinned in behind lay down cans it sucks!

As for the flag idea sounds cool, just don't complicate it with whistles and bells;)

bug

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Essex, UK
Visit site
Each event has a Different field layout and don't post them up, let the teams see them when they arrive
any solution/suggestions run this year not wait until 2012 then you can hit 2012 running not wondering if the changes will work out.

bug

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Essex, UK
Visit site
Capture the oppents flag at anytime during the game and get bonus amount of points this does not require a count down of any sorts, it does not affect the full playing time like stoppoing the respawn and would mean teams try to push past the locked down line at the 50 and then have to retreat with it some how but if player gets shot the. It's put back on the 10 yard line. I think getting the the 10 yards will be hard enough especially with respawing 10 yards away

walker

MK Storm
Apr 28, 2004
reading
http
I like to idea of the last minute or two having no re-spawns. For me the one things missing is the action you get form one-on-one's, two-on-ones etc.

madness

The score board would need no tinkering at all just maybe a police light and siren would be good enough.Also if let's say you lose 4 players with say 6 seconds to end game then those players will not be able to get of the field in time for the resurrected players to get on so maybe those players can leave by the side lines back to the start gate and the coach can talk to the pit Marshall to release the player on to the field at end game start. Arm bands pulled from all remaining players and those as they get knocked out in end game and this would make for a quick turn around for the next game.

Also this formats selling point was always about the field time so maybe this end game should come at the end as an extra.
The score board will not need tinkering with in my opinion, just a VERY loud horn added to sound the beginning of the last 2 minutes.

With respect to players how are hit/running out of paint or air, the team captain should be monitoring to game and he/she should be calling people in who are low on paint or air. Players can also think for them selves. If you know you on you last pot 30 seconds before the last 2 minutes, you should leave the field so a player more equipped can enter. Players hit just before the last two minutes (or what ever the time will be) either need to watch the clock and stay alive or shift their harris back to the pit so their mate can get in on time. Its tactics that will come into play. The captain will need to be adjusting who goes out as they may want certain players on the field for the last two minutes. The addition of points gained from the flag will give the losing team a chance to turn around the game in the last 2 minutes. This could really create a real push from a team and produce some amazing paintball.

Whitaker101

Intresting idea but not sure one minute is long enough. I think its highly likely that when that one minute starts at least 2 people on each team will be watching that flag and unless there taken out no ones going to have a chance of getting to it and then up towards the opponents side without them looking like a they've had a bucket of paint thrown over them, especially in just one minute.
Again it comes down to the captain. He/she needs to be watching the clock and making efforts to get out people who will be locking down the flag/buzzer. Communication would be vital, but something that is achievable. If a Formula 1 driver can race at 200mph, adjust car settings on his steering wheel and talk to his team all at the same time, then I'm sure a group of 10 people could organize tactics around a timer and a score board.

With the cans in the 10 yard box, if they were standing up you would then be moaning about the big gap between them. They are lied down so the bumps are short and easy. I had no problem getting across the cans.

Reactions: Bolter and Kevin

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
I think there are some great ideas and arguments on this thread but there's only one way to find out what works pit splatpack down for a trial please John.

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
I like the idea of the last minute or two being no respawn, will introduce a new spin to it. Will need it to be worth while without making it too many points, then teams wouldnt push for the buzzer so much during the main game and you'll lose the central point of the game which was part of the reason behind it.

I think the marshalling is going the right way, after a few one for ones teams seemed to be much more aware of hits and were calling themselves out and asking for more checks by the end of the day!

Jacko

On the prowl again
Sep 16, 2005
cambridge
www.worldatwarpaintball.com
I like to idea of the last minute or two having no re-spawns. For me the one things missing is the action you get form one-on-one's, two-on-ones etc.

The score board will not need tinkering with in my opinion, just a VERY loud horn added to sound the beginning of the last 2 minutes.

With respect to players how are hit/running out of paint or air, the team captain should be monitoring to game and he/she should be calling people in who are low on paint or air. Players can also think for them selves. If you know you on you last pot 30 seconds before the last 2 minutes, you should leave the field so a player more equipped can enter. Players hit just before the last two minutes (or what ever the time will be) either need to watch the clock and stay alive or shift their harris back to the pit so their mate can get in on time. Its tactics that will come into play. The captain will need to be adjusting who goes out as they may want certain players on the field for the last two minutes. The addition of points gained from the flag will give the losing team a chance to turn around the game in the last 2 minutes. This could really create a real push from a team and produce some amazing paintball.

Again it comes down to the captain. He/she needs to be watching the clock and making efforts to get out people who will be locking down the flag/buzzer. Communication would be vital, but something that is achievable. If a Formula 1 driver can race at 200mph, adjust car settings on his steering wheel and talk to his team all at the same time, then I'm sure a group of 10 people could organize tactics around a timer and a score board.

With the cans in the 10 yard box, if they were standing up you would then be moaning about the big gap between them. They are lied down so the bumps are short and easy. I had no problem getting across the cans.
The lay down cans at the back are poop,I didnt have any problem getting across them either, its not a case of how easy it is to get across them if they were stood up and there were a couple more it would be just as easy to get across them, it would all so offer more protection to the pit from the sides stopping players getting shot as they were taking the patches from players coming in.

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
The lay down cans at the back are poop,I didnt have any problem getting across them either, its not a case of how easy it is to get across them if they were stood up and there were a couple more it would be just as easy to get across them, it would all so offer more protection to the pit from the sides stopping players getting shot as they were taking the patches from players coming in.
i think what jacko is saying is they are a $hit bunker to play because you have 3 places you can come out from, over the top, which results in a head shoot, just near the top above where the can bulges on either side, it makes it very easy to be posted on as any where you come out on one side is around the same height. add to that the fact that your kneeling so you can't make a quick move.
with it stood up you have both sides with about 5 height variations. granted it doesn't have the protection as when its laydown, but heres a novel idea put the tea bags back there once in a while.

Whitaker101

Jan 24, 2010
Coke Can Line

Its obvious theres some mixed feelings going around about whether they should be stood up or lying down. Personally i think stand ups are much better to play from, you can move up quicker from them and see/ shoot people who have locked down the field and are posting on you.
I also agree that if all of the coke cans where stood up the gaps would be alot harder to cover if the opposition has the field locked down and is just waiting for you to make that run too far.
So why not alternate it? Have one standing one lying down all the way along. This would provide some decent bunkers to push up from the back line if you got boxed in the starting gate and the lay downs could bridge the gap but still make it a challenge to cross as theres less to hide behind height wise :p