Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Positive Discrimination

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Something that has always baffled me and i am sure there will be a trillion and 1 reasons for it ... The Black Policemen's club or whatever its called, if a copper was to make a white or british police club surely this would be racist?

I am not racist i hate everyone equally :D

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
The "Race Card" is like everything else open to be abused and often is
Positive Discrimination - The idea is sound but the name and application in alot of cases seriously flawed.
Thing is because there is active and passive discrimination there has to be something to combat it

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Without causing offence and hoping not to get a ban, i could also say that the letters and numbers under your name could class as exactly the same as what this thread was aimed at? :D

Edit:- I felt the need to add to what i just wrote so nobody can confuse my post, the letters NWA stands for <insert the N word here> With Attitude, 417 being the # that the song that is ranked in the worlds best 500 ever songs (F*ck tha police).

The words of this particular song / rap state that non white people are discriminated against by the police, they receive different treatment / abuse as a white person by white police officers, something that always comes to mind is Easy E is a ex self confessed drug dealer and many of the other rappers who made up NWA were drug users / dealers involved in 'gangster' type activity, is it not right that these people regardless of there ethnic background made themselves a target of the police no matter if the officer was either black or what or mix race?

I think this is actually quite fitting that a 'gangster' can in my mind come out with racial hatred and extremeism (they refer to shooting of police etc) then the rap be labelled as 417th of the best ever songs?

I guess what some people call terrorists others call freedom fighters :D

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
Something that has always baffled me and i am sure there will be a trillion and 1 reasons for it ... The Black Policemen's club or whatever its called, if a copper was to make a white or british police club surely this would be racist?

I am not racist i hate everyone equally :D
This is the sorta thing that I mean and that baffles me too, as there is also a farmer, who markets his stuff as 'the black farmer'

now im all up for equality, thats my stance, if anyone thinks im racist, im not, im treating everyone the same, and i feel people should look to be treated the same too.

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
Some would say they had no other way to make money as they were not allowed to get honest work. I will say your interpretation of 417 is way off the mark :D
Thus how the blues developed. kind of...

people with no money, in slavery, or just out of it, singing to make a living...

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Strange as it may seem but black / womans / gay lesbian clubs do have a purpose
Now a white mans club is in essence equally viable but some white people are scared of it being exploited by the racist element for thier own ends.
Classic example is the St George flag
Another thing that is strange if you and your partner are lets say born in england and have caribbean parents and your child marries someone born to the ethnic heritage and they have a child born again in England.
This child, even though is third generation English born, can only be British

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
True, but then there are always extremists on every side, and would deem to use such clubs for there own purposes be it for or against the white man/ gays/ lesbians/ black man/ etc etc etc.

The fear though is preodminantly induced by societies idea that sueing is now the correct path to solve any conflict (or jsut a free ticket to get some money), and any thing that can be perceived as slightly racist can be taken as a case to sue against.
However this is not the case the other way around. e.g white man hits black, its a racist attack.
Black man hits white, he probably deserved it... (granted an extreme example, but you get the jist).

out of pure interest rather than anything else, but what purpose do these gay/lesbian/ black/womans clubs have?

All references to the masculine, unles otherwise stated refer to the feminin also