Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Postage and Refund

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You're both sounding like you are decent seller / buyers, and are being considerate of each other

The situation with Royal Mail is that they do not consider it lost until it has been in the system for some time, the seller can then arrange compensation wih Royal Mail

The buyer need do no more then both the buyer and seller keeping up communication
If a damaged or empty package arrives then the buyer should highlight anything noticable to the delivery man, and hold onto the packaging

If agreed it hasn't arrived (either when compensated or at a mutually agreed time earlier) the seller refunds the buyer
That should be full costs eg item plus postage/insurance

If it then turns up later the buyer advises the seller and they agree on how to proceed
It would sound like good form to pay for it, but the buyer may have bought something else in the meantime.
If it has been compensated and turned up then Royal Mail should be informed - if its tracked etc then they ought to realise its turned up after compensation

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Ps though compensation is between Royal Mail and the sender, either or both of you can raise a complaint with Royal Mail
Not really appropriate for the recipient to complain if it just does not arrive, but if it turns up damaged, opened, months later, etc then you can all complain

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Can I ask a question here, slightly on topic, but slightly with regards my own experience with Royal Fail !!

Firstly, has anyone here ever made a successful claim with RM ??

My question for this is that several years ago I sold something on the forums that was sent to france. The value of the item was only £18.00. When I sent said item, I paid for whatever the foreign postage thing was and had cover for insurance up to £50.00. Item sent and I furnished the buyer with tracking info. Approx 3 weeks later no item recd - (Now I know item could have been recd and no responce, but I trusted the buyer as we had had a previous transaction and this was recd all fine). After about a month I checked up and the tracking showed still not delivered, after approx 6 weeks I refunded the £18.00 and tried to claim. WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME !!!!

I completed the claims form and returned with my receipt and I did a small letter to say what my claim was for (I did tell a porky and said it was worth £35.00, but felt this covered my loss, postage and a drink for me !!) I then had my claim form returned and this asked for some proof of the item and to support my value at £35.00. As this was an old Automag barrel, there was no way I could show anything showing its value. I wrote back and sent a couple of screen prints for PB websites with new barrels at £50 plus and said mine was secondhand and therefore had a lower value, again letters went back and forth and in the end I filed it in the bin. I was now £18.00 out of pocket plus the postage price and thought I could not be bothered with RM for this small amount of money.

Then, approx 11 months later I recd from RM one of there plastic envelope things with my padded envelope in that had its corner torn off and surprise no barrel. I complained again and was basically told to go away.

Fortunately for me, I have sold over 150 items on here and ebay, and this is the ONLY item that I have ever had an issue with. I dont know if its because it went to france or not.

All my items I send up to £50.00 are sent recorded, and anything with a high value (like a gun) goes registered in some way or form.

I hope that your item turns up but I think that we can all agree that RM are slow in delivering items, but everything I have sent by recorded whether first or second class has always turned up in a week.

Hope this one works itself out, and sorry for my little RM rant !!!!

aj47coupe

Oct 24, 2011
Worthing
Thanks for the info. Sounds like RM are not that great. I'd be pretty passed if the item I sent came back nearly a year later and all the goods are missing.

Fingers crossed then! Eh jlylee007?

aj47coupe

Oct 24, 2011
Worthing
Hi all. Just been to post office to send off a BT4 trigger (recorded this time!)

I was missing informed and actually it is SUPPOSED to take 3 to 5 working days, not 2 to 4.

So it jlylee007's items SHOULD arrive today or tomorrow.

To make a claim I have to wait 15 working days.

@jlylee007 - you will still be issued a refund if it does not turn up tomorrow.

jlylee007

Here to play the beautiful game.
Nov 23, 2009
I tell you what, let's just wait the 15 days and see if it arrives in that time so we don't waste monies going to and from through PayPal. So it will be 5 days tomorrow of no arrival, might aswell wait another 10 days to make sure. What do you think?

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Can I ask a question here, slightly on topic, but slightly with regards my own experience with Royal Fail !!

Firstly, has anyone here ever made a successful claim with RM ??
I have had 2 unsuccessful claims over the past 10 or so years sending items out that have gone missing. Fortunately they were very cheap items, but never the less, i was still out of pocket after refunding the buyers.

I tell you what, let's just wait the 15 days and see if it arrives in that time so we don't waste monies going to and from through PayPal. So it will be 5 days tomorrow of no arrival, might aswell wait another 10 days to make sure. What do you think?
Fully agree here, it is still early days. I have noticed recently, some parcels taking longer to arrive than others.
RM has become a joke, a non paintball related item turned up for me 2 weeks late. This parcel was sent 1st class recorded.

Have also had my sons passport renewal package opened, and the envelope of my wifes photo driving licence slit open cleanly.
Reported all these incidents, and all they said is sorry. At the least they could say they will investigate, but had no mention of that :rolleyes:

aj47coupe

Oct 24, 2011
Worthing
Hi jlylee007,

That is very generous of you. So if nothing turns up by Tuesday 30th October I will issue you a full refund and go about making my claim with Royal Fail.

Again, sorry about this and I have learned a valuable lesson (aside from deliever it myself!)...send everything recorded at least!

jlylee007

Here to play the beautiful game.
Nov 23, 2009
No probs, It will be pointless of me keep messages you everyday if it hasnt arrived. I wont message you unless it turns up now if thats ok?